Engine Oil Separator Recall

Ford Puma ST Chat
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

Deano’s wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:53 pm I was supposed to pick my puma at up March 5 got told it was stuck at Dagenham. The dealers told me last Monday they finally got the car I was due to pick it up Friday and got told today they cannot release the car due to recall.
I have seen the car in the dealers showroom ready for collection. They say buying a new car is a great experience
I don’t think so this has been hell with delays and false promises from Ford motor company no real communication from dealers. This will be the last Ford I ever buy.
Welcome to the club Deano, I must say I am not impressed with the new car experience form ford. My current car is a fiesta ST line X which was delayed 6 months back in 2017 due to availability of leather, this was pre-semiconductor issues so the wait felt ridiculous, especially when I was seeing more and more of every other model of fiesta appearing on the streets. I love ford vehicles but I'll be hesitant in future to buy anything other than in stock models from now onwards.

I've had no word from my dealer about the recall shes just implying its an admin error. Ford need to pull their finger out and give dealers comms to give to us, this recall has been on ETIS since Friday and was a thing in the US last month so no excuses
Last edited by Benmnk on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puma ST - Grey Matter

Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

I wouldn't be able to just say nothing...I would confront them with the information we have found out and let them know that i have lost their trust.
I contacted my dealer about the issue the other day and they were straight with me....no cover up. They said they didn't have any 1.5 engined cars for delivery so fortunately none of their customers would be effected. I have mine so I will just wait and see what happens.
I will definitely hold back on the mountune ungrade though.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

So any ST owners with a remap could be in trouble.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

I don't know, but at the moment, I'm not going to add fuel to the fire.
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

I’ve spoken to a manager at Ford today. Nothing concrete, no timescales as they haven’t fully confirmed the fix yet. Purely from my own interpretation of things and a touch of reading between the lines, I’ve now resigned myself to a handover sometime beyond the end of April. If I’m honest, I wouldn’t be shocked if weeks turned into months as has already been speculated earlier in the thread. So I’m trying to come to terms with it a little that to expect a summer handover and if things work out better than that then it’s a bonus.

Time to get on with other things now for a bit. I’m still not sure what happens about the finance either. It would seem a bit of a kick in the nethers to lose 3 months of what is already only a 2 year deal, and be paying a chunky monthly payment for the privilege. On a 2 year deal in fact, I’d better be ordering my next one in a few weeks at this rate.

So, that’s me.. I’m beaten, literally have no fight left. I desperately want the car so I’m not about to do anything hasty. Time to just suck it up and wait.
Danny1

Post by Danny1 »

Bluecat wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:46 pm I’ve spoken to a manager at Ford today. Nothing concrete, no timescales as they haven’t fully confirmed the fix yet. Purely from my own interpretation of things and a touch of reading between the lines, I’ve now resigned myself to a handover sometime beyond the end of April. If I’m honest, I wouldn’t be shocked if weeks turned into months as has already been speculated earlier in the thread. So I’m trying to come to terms with it a little that to expect a summer handover and if things work out better than that then it’s a bonus.

Time to get on with other things now for a bit. I’m still not sure what happens about the finance either. It would seem a bit of a kick in the nethers to lose 3 months of what is already only a 2 year deal, and be paying a chunky monthly payment for the privilege. On a 2 year deal in fact, I’d better be ordering my next one in a few weeks at this rate.

So, that’s me.. I’m beaten, literally have no fight left. I desperately want the car so I’m not about to do anything hasty. Time to just suck it up and wait.
I think you are doing the right thing mate, your dealer seems to be on the ball and will act as soon as he can so I think you are right to sit back and let things take its course.
I don't think it will be months more likely days before the 'hold' vehicles are released, the fix will defiantly be ongoing and will roll out for some time for sure.
Lets hope its resolved soon and you can enjoy the ST and put this whole drama behind you. :D
Fiesta ST Performance Edition, Puma ST Frozen White, Performance pack, power tailgate and Pan roof dark wheels
Deleted User 965

Someone over on the Fiesta ST OC forum has been contacted by their dealer to book the car in ASAP for the recall. It could just be them not really knowing what they’re doing and acting independently from Ford guidance.. but just wondered if anyone on here has had similar contact, perhaps indicating they might now have an action published?

My dealer chappy isn’t back in till the back end of this afternoon so I wouldn’t find out till then.
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

Bluecat wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:24 am Someone over on the Fiesta ST OC forum has been contacted by their dealer to book the car in ASAP for the recall. It could just be them not really knowing what they’re doing and acting independently from Ford guidance.. but just wondered if anyone on here has had similar contact, perhaps indicating they might now have an action published?

My dealer chappy isn’t back in till the back end of this afternoon so I wouldn’t find out till then.
That sounds promising! I mentioned the recall to my dealer and she said thanks for letting her know as its more information than they've been given and she'll keep trying to get an answer for me. Genuinely astounded that no one at that dealership has heard anything about it :cry: I'm now just trying to not think about the car, it will be mine when ford says so and I can't determine or decide when that will be
Puma ST - Grey Matter
Mitchd10

Post by Mitchd10 »

Have ford issued a statement regarding current cars on the road?
anything we need to look out for?
Deleted User 965

I’m not getting my hopes up. It is just a single dealer at this stage.