Engine Oil Separator Recall

Ford Puma ST Chat
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

wee.str wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:17 pm The situation is so distressing and everyone including
me is fed up of it! Dealership sounds like mine-hopeless! I provided info from here this morning by email and haven't had the courtesy of a call or email reply 😩 Also am I missing something as earlier posts with etis info suggest the intial step is an inspection then if it passes surely it can be released and if not then remedial action is required? 🙏
Yeah, thats as I understand it. Mine was done first thing this morning, took very little time. The hold up with mine now is that they don’t seem to know how to get the hold off the car.

wee.str

Post by wee.str »

Honestly couldn't make this drama up! Some
people getting theirs, some people not, some dealerships great, some dealerships not-it's all so frustrating! I'm praying over next few days we'll all
be in the same position & have our vehicles 🙏
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

koalabear13 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:49 pm So I contacted my dealer this morning and he knew nothing about the further information being released so said he would check with the service guys and get back to me. We'll he didn't, so I left it a good few hours and called him back. He said that they have the next steps of what to do now but his franchise is not releasing any vehicles or inspecting them without the part being delivered. Absolutely fuming :evil: He said he doesn't want to get it up on the ramp to find he needs the part to then get it up on the ramp a few days later. He said he is expecting delivery middle of next week :shock: Even though I expressed how peeved I am he didn't care. Literally want to cry seeing that other people are getting their Puma's and if there's a delay in delivery its going to be another few weeks for me :cry:
I heard that photos of the failed part need to be submitted to the recall coordinator before part ordering information will be provided. I would politely ask your dealer to re-read the 22S21 service instructions ;)
matthen

Post by matthen »

koalabear13 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:49 pm So I contacted my dealer this morning and he knew nothing about the further information being released so said he would check with the service guys and get back to me. We'll he didn't, so I left it a good few hours and called him back. He said that they have the next steps of what to do now but his franchise is not releasing any vehicles or inspecting them without the part being delivered. Absolutely fuming :evil: He said he doesn't want to get it up on the ramp to find he needs the part to then get it up on the ramp a few days later. He said he is expecting delivery middle of next week :shock: Even though I expressed how peeved I am he didn't care. Literally want to cry seeing that other people are getting their Puma's and if there's a delay in delivery its going to be another few weeks for me :cry:
Yeah, as others have said, it needs a mirror and 2 minutes of the techs time. I'd get onto Ford UK and complain your dealer is full of shit.

Or tell the dealer you've chatted with ford UK who say it doesn't need to go on the ramp. Either or.

I saw a notification for the recall on the app earlier, will phone the local place at some point... Might wait for a few days, so they've got the process sorted though, cos it seems like they haven't really got a clue right now.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
Paddydd002

Post by Paddydd002 »

I am in the same boat as many on here. However im just about to cancel my order. Car has arrived at dealership 4 weeks ago. All prices were agreed until April. Now dealership have told me that they can no longer offer my agreed PX and it’s £2k less for my PX. Literally fuming. If I had taken delivery when car arrived at dealership then I would have got all the values I had agreed. But because of the delay due to the recall it’s now £2k less. Where am I supposed to find another £2k from ? All the pleasure of buying this car has now gone. Feel very resentful towards Ford and the car. As a customer and none of this is my fault then why am I the one that is being penalised? Anyone else had this issue ?
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

Paddydd002 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:19 am I am in the same boat as many on here. However im just about to cancel my order. Car has arrived at dealership 4 weeks ago. All prices were agreed until April. Now dealership have told me that they can no longer offer my agreed PX and it’s £2k less for my PX. Literally fuming. If I had taken delivery when car arrived at dealership then I would have got all the values I had agreed. But because of the delay due to the recall it’s now £2k less. Where am I supposed to find another £2k from ? All the pleasure of buying this car has now gone. Feel very resentful towards Ford and the car. As a customer and none of this is my fault then why am I the one that is being penalised? Anyone else had this issue ?
That’s absolutely ridiculous the recall was not your fault, how can they say your current car has lost £2k in just one month aswell that’s ridiculous, they should pay what they offered and take it up with Ford if they’re that bothered
Puma ST - Grey Matter
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Paddydd002 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:19 am I am in the same boat as many on here. However im just about to cancel my order. Car has arrived at dealership 4 weeks ago. All prices were agreed until April. Now dealership have told me that they can no longer offer my agreed PX and it’s £2k less for my PX. Literally fuming. If I had taken delivery when car arrived at dealership then I would have got all the values I had agreed. But because of the delay due to the recall it’s now £2k less. Where am I supposed to find another £2k from ? All the pleasure of buying this car has now gone. Feel very resentful towards Ford and the car. As a customer and none of this is my fault then why am I the one that is being penalised? Anyone else had this issue ?
I wouldn’t be taking that too well either. I would write a carefully worded but strong letter of complaint to. Lisa Brankin. Search for her address in the ‘Puma Delayed Again’ thread.
wee.str

Post by wee.str »

Wow just when you think this debacle couldn't get any worse...it does! Yet another worry to add to the list whenever we eventually get the go-ahead for our cars 😢
Danny1

Post by Danny1 »

Bluecat wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:17 am
I wouldn’t be taking that too well either. I would write a carefully worded but strong letter of complaint to. Lisa Brankin. Search for her address in the ‘Puma Delayed Again’ thread.
Totally agree with the above, I think your dealership are trying it on! Take it higher you had an agreement it was not your fault it didn’t happen in April but Fords fault. I reckon you will be ok 👍🏻 it’s worth a little rant on Ford uk twitter too! That can often get there attention but I’d try the manager first.
Fiesta ST Performance Edition, Puma ST Frozen White, Performance pack, power tailgate and Pan roof dark wheels
puma22

Post by puma22 »

I was told by dealership that they would honour the price of my old car and if there was a difference when they sold it or scrapped it then
Claim the money off Ford too pay the difference just trying to rip you off.