Engine Oil Separator Recall

Ford Puma ST Chat
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Rays1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:57 pm
Bluecat wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:45 pm Hi Rays, I completely understand all that. And yes, if its a new part then I know I’ll probably never see the car.

What is getting to me is the lack of comms from Ford themselves. In financial terms, I own that car. If they aren’t going to hand it over because of the recall procedure then they should be owning up and repaying the customer along with a list of options for what to do next.

They knew this was coming since the 21st March. They cannot have been entirely in the dark from the US, so whilst I don’t have a problem with the recall, I do feel they ought to have considered all the ins and outs and had quality comms ready to go at the point where they block order fulfilment.
Completely understand your frustration Bluecat, honestly I do.
Let us hope and at least for new customers, it just requires an initial inspection to start with.
Thanks Rays. It’d be a lie if I said it wasn’t getting to me. I am taking a little comfort that most of the US recalls all read much the same way, and that being inspection and change if necessary (that would seem to imply they don’t think the part design itself is to blame). Things can and do change though. Honestly when I was in the showroom on friday morning to collect, were he still with us I would have been expecting Jeremy Beadle.

It’s as much the not knowing as it is anything else.

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

This from Reuters, America. WASHINGTON, April 1 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (F.N) is recalling 737,000 vehicles in the United States over a part that could develop an oil leak and a software error that could hinder braking, it said on Friday.

The automaker is recalling 345,451 of its 2020-2022 Ford Escape and 2021-2022 Ford Bronco Sport vehicles with 1.5L engines because the engine oil separator housing could crack and develop an oil leak that might cause an engine fire.

Ford said it had reports of at least eight fires that may be related to the issue but no related injuries or crashes. Dealers will inspect the oil separator for damage or oil leaks, and replace the oil separator and seals, as necessary.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Ams

Post by Ams »

Hi everyone,

Spoke my local service department regarding this issue and they confirmed that a recall is listed PUMA ST. Also they have been instructed by the Ford’s that as they are still developing a solution for it, customers will have to wait for an official letter asking them to take the car in. I’ll be updated once they get further info and I’ll pass this info here.
Puma ST Auto 1.0 (170PS) mHEV Frozen White DAP PR :D
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

Ams wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:50 pm Hi everyone,

Spoke my local service department regarding this issue and they confirmed that a recall is listed PUMA ST. Also they have been instructed by the Ford’s that as they are still developing a solution for it, customers will have to wait for an official letter asking them to take the car in. I’ll be updated once they get further info and I’ll pass this info here.
If I get a letter asking me to take my car that I have yet to receive into the garage to be fixed when it’s already sat there waiting it might tip me over the edge :lol: :lol:
Puma ST - Grey Matter
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Benmnk wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:01 pm

If I get a letter asking me to take my car that I have yet to receive into the garage to be fixed when it’s already sat there waiting it might tip me over the edge :lol: :lol:
Ha ha I can imagine it would. But mark my words it will not happen any time soon. :cry:
I was directly involved in the Focus RS MK3 recall. Okay it was far more complex and serious an issue, but that took the best part of a year from the first cars being embodied until the last of a way smaller batch of vehicles than the many thousands of vehicles affected this time around.
The oil separator here will I believe (I haven't had a gander just yet) be easy to spot, so it maybe worth lifting the bonnet now and again and checking for any obvious sign of oil leaks.
Deleted User 965

Rays1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:28 pm

Ha ha I can imagine it would. But mark my words it will not happen any time soon. :cry:
I was directly involved in the Focus RS MK3 recall. Okay it was far more complex and serious an issue, but that took the best part of a year from the first cars being embodied until the last of a way smaller batch of vehicles than the many thousands of vehicles affected this time around.
The oil separator here will I believe (I haven't had a gander just yet) be easy to spot, so it maybe worth lifting the bonnet now and again and checking for any obvious sign of oil leaks.
When you say it is going to take a while, what do you suppose happens to benmnk and myself? We can literally be a few in a handful of people in the UK that have fully paid up deposit and finance but have no car? Ford won’t suggest that they just keep our money while all this goes on if it’s going to take that long surely? My dealer told me today that if they refund my finance, that’s it for that deal. I would have to re-contract the car at the much higher price to re-purchase it. Something has to give in all of this. Either we strike lucky and are prioritised, or it’s just a visual check, or do Ford start talking about extending the finance agreement and lowering the GMFV.
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

Bluecat wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:29 pm

When you say it is going to take a while, what do you suppose happens to benmnk and myself? We can literally be a few in a handful of people in the UK that have fully paid up deposit and finance but have no car? Ford won’t suggest that they just keep our money while all this goes on if it’s going to take that long surely? My dealer told me today that if they refund my finance, that’s it for that deal. I would have to re-contract the car at the much higher price to re-purchase it. Something has to give in all of this. Either we strike lucky and are prioritised, or it’s just a visual check, or do Ford start talking about extending the finance agreement and lowering the GMFV.

Bluecat I’ve seen on Twitter that Ford asked you to DM them, we’re they helpful if they have replied? My dealer emailed me this morning to let me know “they’re still struggling got tax the car and it’s a problem they’ve had with pumas recently” so she seemed completely unaware of the recall? It’s becoming very frustrating
Puma ST - Grey Matter
Deleted User 965

I DM’d them straight away and heard nothing back yet. I’m going to e-mail the exec again this afternoon if I haven’t heard anything. My dealer too confirmed that no more information on ETIS this morning.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Benmnk wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:50 am
Bluecat wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:29 pm

Bluecat I’ve seen on Twitter that Ford asked you to DM them, we’re they helpful if they have replied? My dealer emailed me this morning to let me know “they’re still struggling got tax the car and it’s a problem they’ve had with pumas recently” so she seemed completely unaware of the recall? It’s becoming very frustrating
From what I remember during the last recall. Ford quickly embodied those coming off the line and those waiting customer delivery. For the rest and those customer cars already delivered, the recall embodiment was carried out in strick build order/date. (Unless of course the engine had actually failed) .
Thing is, with the Puma/Fiesta etc, it isn't clear on what is actually required just yet!
Deano’s

Post by Deano’s »

I was supposed to pick my puma at up March 5 got told it was stuck at Dagenham. The dealers told me last Monday they finally got the car I was due to pick it up Friday and got told today they cannot release the car due to recall.
I have seen the car in the dealers showroom ready for collection. They say buying a new car is a great experience
I don’t think so this has been hell with delays and false promises from Ford motor company no real communication from dealers. This will be the last Ford I ever buy.