Engine Oil Separator Recall

Ford Puma ST Chat
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

Bluecat wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:55 pm
Benmnk wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:39 pm
Bluecat wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:28 pm I’m concerned that they’ll handle communication just as badly as they did with the Fiesta semiconductor/facelift mess and we’ll be kept in the dark for weeks or potentially months. Like someone already mentioned, if they prioritise other countries the UK becomes a poor relation. But possibly more serious is that cars they haven’t sold are no risk at all, whereas those which have already gone out are potentially at risk of catching fire.

Maybe quite drastic but are they going to suggest we cancel our orders if we’re in that small margin of cars which are already built but not yet delivered?
They can suggest all they want I’m not cancelling, the car was built for me, don’t like the thought of someone else having it so I’ll wait as long as it takes haha

Hopefully communication won’t be too bad, we’ll see tomorrow though, although my specific lady at the dealership has a day off tomorrow so don’t know if I’ll hear anything
Given the situation and that your handover was cancelled I think you’d be in your rights to want to speak to someone else about it. I will certainly be expecting something in the way of a ‘setting of expectations’ conversation tomorrow.
I agree, will be ringing them tomorrow. Out of interest I don’t know if you’re buying or financing but I had already signed my finance agreement last week, I have an account set up on the Ford finance page linked to my puma and the first payment is due at the end of the Month. Surely this means they “owe” me the car or a car sooner rather than later, are you in a similar boat having signed all the agreements?
Puma ST - Grey Matter

Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

I’m in the same boat there too yeah. Fairly chunky deposit paid, finance fully drawn down.

I wouldn’t take much hope from that though. The sales manager said on that rubbish morning that they can issue credits in 5 minutes if that becomes necessary. Tomorrow is going to be a big indicator of what will happen next. They’ll get a steer from Ford i Guess that will tell them how to handle cars already waiting for registration. If they issue a refund and wipe out the credit I would probably take that as a pretty bad sign.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Bluecat wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:43 pm I’m in the same boat there too yeah. Fairly chunky deposit paid, finance fully drawn down.

I wouldn’t take much hope from that though. The sales manager said on that rubbish morning that they can issue credits in 5 minutes if that becomes necessary. Tomorrow is going to be a big indicator of what will happen next. They’ll get a steer from Ford i Guess that will tell them how to handle cars already waiting for registration. If they issue a refund and wipe out the credit I would probably take that as a pretty bad sign.
Guy's, think that you should take heart, that those vehicles already built waiting delivery, 'HELD' will be amongst the first to have the recall embodied, in part or in full. It is those already out in the field will be the last inline. That said and from I read into this so far, vehicles will need an initial inspection whilst not necessarily requiring an immediate part replacement? It may well turn out to be a 2 stage process where new parts if need, are ordered and subsequently fitted at a much later date depending on availability.
Last edited by Rays1 on Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Deleted User 965

Hi Rays1.. do you really think there isn’t a risk they’ll decide our cars are lowest risk as they can’t be driven and therefore be lowest priority?
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Bluecat wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:02 pm Hi Rays1.. do you really think there isn’t a risk they’ll decide our cars are lowest risk as they can’t be driven and therefore be lowest priority?
Yes I do...they will calculate risk against total failure and safety and make judgement on that basis. I would be amazed if vehicles already on the road will be temporarily grounded.
The trouble with recalls where parts are required is the long lead times for a new or modified design. In this case I suspect they will instigate an inspection regime to start with!
Deleted User 965

I truly hope you’re right. 👍🏻

This close and to miss out I think would just break me. I have everything crossed that there will be at least some news in the morning.
Danny1

Post by Danny1 »

Well I had my Fiesta ST booked in for a service this morning, when I handed over my key I mentioned that it had been identified for a recall and passed her the printout from Etis.
She type in the info from the printout (maybe it was my vin? not sure couldn't see!) She then said she would raise a card for that and get that 'looked' at too, this may be a standard response?
I will find out what I can when I collect my car and see if it has been addressed or not?
To add to the complication my dealer has said that my wifes Puma ST is ready for collection on Thurs (sat phone call) he hasn't mentioned any hold up as yet?
Fiesta ST Performance Edition, Puma ST Frozen White, Performance pack, power tailgate and Pan roof dark wheels
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

Danny1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:19 am Well I had my Fiesta ST booked in for a service this morning, when I handed over my key I mentioned that it had been identified for a recall and passed her the printout from Etis.
She type in the info from the printout (maybe it was my vin? not sure couldn't see!) She then said she would raise a card for that and get that 'looked' at too, this may be a standard response?
I will find out what I can when I collect my car and see if it has been addressed or not?
To add to the complication my dealer has said that my wifes Puma ST is ready for collection on Thurs (sat phone call) he hasn't mentioned any hold up as yet?
Interesting I'm intrigued to see what they say. It does seem that the course of action for the US version of this issue was just to CHECK the separator not straight away replace. If so they could just look at our new pumas knowing they’re new so there’s obviously no issue and then it’s just a case of Ford releasing them
Puma ST - Grey Matter
Deleted User 965

Benmnk wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:34 am
Danny1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:19 am Well I had my Fiesta ST booked in for a service this morning, when I handed over my key I mentioned that it had been identified for a recall and passed her the printout from Etis.
Interesting I'm intrigued to see what they say. It does seem that the course of action for the US version of this issue was just to CHECK the separator not straight away replace. If so they could just look at our new pumas knowing they’re new so there’s obviously no issue and then it’s just a case of Ford releasing them
I think if Ford issued the advisory this week that simply says, remove the oil separator, check for cracks and refit as per the new guidelines then release the car.. I think we’ll all be pretty happy. I know I certainly would.
Mitchd10

Post by Mitchd10 »

Anyone no when we will be able to get our cars booked in for this to be sorted?