Engine Oil Separator Recall

Ford Puma ST Chat
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Hi all, mentioned on the long running delay thread, the 1.5 engines across the Ford range look subject to an imminent recall. Those picking up, myself included, have been prevented from driving away.

As yet, information is limited and nothing is known about how quick this will happen. I don’t have a new timescale for collecting my car which is fully paid for (deposit and finance).

A number of folks over on the Fiesta ST forum are checking ETIS themselves and can see the recall there for their cars.

This is the news as it broke in the US.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/ford- ... fire-risk/

Hoping to be able to post more news on Monday.

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Maybe the Puma ST upcoming recall is precautionary and the problem is US built engines only. Hopefully Bluecat, Ford Europe are erring on the side of caution. Hope you get an answer soon.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 965

I’d suggest we won’t be picking our cars up for a while.

DB170BD5-A1BF-47C9-91E9-07B465C7BC82.jpeg

Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

OMG this is going to be a real pain, and costly for Ford. What with this, and the possibility that the production could be put on hold, the prices are going to remain very strong.
I hope they sort this out soon and you can take delivery.
I'm wondering, which order they will update the part first and which cars it might be effected by build date.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

denty1964 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:06 pm OMG this is going to be a real pain, and costly for Ford. What with this, and the possibility that the production could be put on hold, the prices are going to remain very strong.
I hope they sort this out soon and you can take delivery.
I'm wondering, which order they will update the part first and which cars it might be effected by build date.
I think your biggest worry should be the fact that it seems the 1.5 engine worldwide is affected by this issue. You may find that the more litigious countries (and I think you know who I mean) get priority on receiving the revised oil separator part.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

The fact that our brand new cars are built and delivered and we were so close to receiving them and now they will just have to sit gathering dust at the dealership is SO annoying. I hope they’re able to sort this ASAP
Puma ST - Grey Matter
Deleted User 965

I’m concerned that they’ll handle communication just as badly as they did with the Fiesta semiconductor/facelift mess and we’ll be kept in the dark for weeks or potentially months. Like someone already mentioned, if they prioritise other countries the UK becomes a poor relation. But possibly more serious is that cars they haven’t sold are no risk at all, whereas those which have already gone out are potentially at risk of catching fire.

Maybe quite drastic but are they going to suggest we cancel our orders if we’re in that small margin of cars which are already built but not yet delivered?
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

According to ETIS for my Puma ST I can see the recall is applicable. OMG . Which when looking at Bearcat's screen shot it states affected Puma vehicles with the 1.5L engine is from 03-06-20. My ST was built Nov 20 a very early example if not one of the first.. so that is pointing the finger toward me thinking that all production built ST models are effected.
Here we go again. My Focus RS mk3 had a recall, it had the wrong head gasket fitted in build (basically a mustang gasket rather than RS specific) it affected a fair few numbers of early build RS. That recall took months to complete. Without doubt this one will be just as bad or worse. Given that we talking much greater numbers of vehicles if you include the Fiesta ST Mk8 and Focus.
Last edited by Rays1 on Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

Bluecat wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:28 pm I’m concerned that they’ll handle communication just as badly as they did with the Fiesta semiconductor/facelift mess and we’ll be kept in the dark for weeks or potentially months. Like someone already mentioned, if they prioritise other countries the UK becomes a poor relation. But possibly more serious is that cars they haven’t sold are no risk at all, whereas those which have already gone out are potentially at risk of catching fire.

Maybe quite drastic but are they going to suggest we cancel our orders if we’re in that small margin of cars which are already built but not yet delivered?
They can suggest all they want I’m not cancelling, the car was built for me, don’t like the thought of someone else having it so I’ll wait as long as it takes haha

Hopefully communication won’t be too bad, we’ll see tomorrow though, although my specific lady at the dealership has a day off tomorrow so don’t know if I’ll hear anything
Puma ST - Grey Matter
Deleted User 965

Benmnk wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:39 pm
Bluecat wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:28 pm I’m concerned that they’ll handle communication just as badly as they did with the Fiesta semiconductor/facelift mess and we’ll be kept in the dark for weeks or potentially months. Like someone already mentioned, if they prioritise other countries the UK becomes a poor relation. But possibly more serious is that cars they haven’t sold are no risk at all, whereas those which have already gone out are potentially at risk of catching fire.

They can suggest all they want I’m not cancelling, the car was built for me, don’t like the thought of someone else having it so I’ll wait as long as it takes haha

Hopefully communication won’t be too bad, we’ll see tomorrow though, although my specific lady at the dealership has a day off tomorrow so don’t know if I’ll hear anything
Given the situation and that your handover was cancelled I think you’d be in your rights to want to speak to someone else about it. I will certainly be expecting something in the way of a ‘setting of expectations’ conversation tomorrow.