Engine Oil Separator Recall

Ford Puma ST Chat
puma22

Post by puma22 »

According to the 2015 consumers act this supposed to retrofit the car to how it was when you first ordered it but I can't see that happening and I just want to get the car out of it.

wee.str

Post by wee.str »

Dealership called back & spoke to a more knowledgeable colleague of my salesman who is on holiday. Unfortunately he advised that he had no update for me so i've emailed across info gleaned from this forum in the hope that he investigates and can progress the issue. 🙏 It's a poor state of affairs when the customer is providing the update to the dealership 😩
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Anyone at the dealership should know what ETIS is and be able to enter a VIN surely? I hope you can get it sorted as another 10 days would be a killer!
puma22

Post by puma22 »

As my dealer said its only some could be its to do with bulid date .
wee.str

Post by wee.str »

Well you would think so however after very kindly making me aware i'm not the only customer of theirs in this predicament and they had no update for me at this point I provided the info gained on here which the standin for my on holiday salesman wasn't aware of but on a positive note was happy for me to email the info to him so he could investigate so im hoping & praying he comes back with some good news but not holding my breath 🙏
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Now here's a thing. My ST (a very early build) is booked in for the recall next week. Good stuff and it won't need a new oil separator, I've checked with torch and mirror. But it is a "while you wait booking" as they are only doing the inspection. It would have to be booked in again if it did fail and would be subject to parts available having been ordered post the inspection.
Goldie ST

Post by Goldie ST »

My partner checked the system in work today and called the dealer who were hesitant about the info being provided but committed to speaking to service department. We did get a call back to say yes ok the notification came through this morning so will get things moving with the car, there is hope 🤞🏻
Markx

Post by Markx »

I had a recall notice yesterday on my Ford pass app , phoned my nearest Ford dealership today I’m booked in for 24th may.
Deano’s

Post by Deano’s »

My dealers manager has been brilliant since dealing with him he said my car would be first in once recall had been released and he stuck to his word mine was inspected this morning and passed and he has told me he is trying so I can collect my car Friday late afternoon.
I cannot fault the manager in the later part since dealing with him not salesman in this Ford motor company mess.
wee.str

Post by wee.str »

Deano i'm genuinely pleased to hear that your dealership & manager have done well & im sure you'll enjoy the new wheels on Friday 👍 just wish my dealership were as good but at least we're now moving in the right direction-hopefully we'll all be out of this drama soon 🙏