Engine Oil Separator Recall

Ford Puma ST Chat
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

Bluecat wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:59 am And here we are again at the day I kind of have a bit of a mental line in the sand for. If I haven’t heard anything by Thursday morning then it’s another week to add to the tally.
Agreed, 3 weeks since car was delivered today. What a joke. Also bank holiday taking another day of productivity away next week. Really hope by the end of next week we're either in the cars or have some more solid info cause a month is taking the p*ss
Puma ST - Grey Matter

Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

It’s also another bank holiday where we in theory could have been off pottering around one of the national parks in our new cars too! :(

Just had a call from my dealer to confirm again that nothing showing yet.
Goldie ST

Post by Goldie ST »

We have also just emailed our dealer this morning and same here for us no update. We are also car sharing just now as my partner sold his M-Sport transit replacing it with Puma ST so he’s using my Focus ST and I will need to borrow my mums car to get to work…… I really hope by next week an indication of date can be given 🤞🏻
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

The guy on Facebook who said the recall is active is picking up an ST registered at the start of April so I assume literally just before the recall came into effect.

I dont think Bristol street should be letting him have that as the info given to Ford dealers is cars subject to the recall regardless of whether or not they’re registered should not be handed over to customers. Not really fair on those of us who can’t get ours registered is it.
Puma ST - Grey Matter
Deleted User 965

No, they shouldn’t be handing that over. From what you say it got registered before the hold (Which I was told isn’t typical Ford practice any more to register until the customer is there and ready).

Also, the hold specifically says cars should not be handed over regardless of whether they are already registered.. It’s a shame he got our hopes up too! :roll:
koalabear13

Post by koalabear13 »

Hi guys and girls, I am new to the group and have joined so I can follow this thread. I bought my Puma ST (its a 70 plate demo that's never left the forecourt) on 09/04/22. Just as I was signing the paperwork the sales guy said oh no an email has just popped up saying that I cannot release the car to you as all 1.5ltr engines have had a recall. I'm sure he bloody knew before I signed the paperwork and am so peeved! He's not attempted to call me since and when I call him, he doesn't call me back. Was hoping we would have heard something by now, but think like some of you I have got more info from this thread than them!
Mean Green Puma ST :mrgreen:
(Performance Pack & Driver Assist)
Benmnk

Post by Benmnk »

koalabear13 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:16 pm Hi guys and girls, I am new to the group and have joined so I can follow this thread. I bought my Puma ST (its a 70 plate demo that's never left the forecourt) on 09/04/22. Just as I was signing the paperwork the sales guy said oh no an email has just popped up saying that I cannot release the car to you as all 1.5ltr engines have had a recall. I'm sure he bloody knew before I signed the paperwork and am so peeved! He's not attempted to call me since and when I call him, he doesn't call me back. Was hoping we would have heard something by now, but think like some of you I have got more info from this thread than them!
Welcome to the club, we’re all fingers crossed for some info next week. Really poor service from your dealer there I wouldn’t be happy!!
Puma ST - Grey Matter
Deleted User 965

koalabear13 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:16 pm Hi guys and girls, I am new to the group and have joined so I can follow this thread. I bought my Puma ST (its a 70 plate demo that's never left the forecourt) on 09/04/22. Just as I was signing the paperwork the sales guy said oh no an email has just popped up saying that I cannot release the car to you as all 1.5ltr engines have had a recall. I'm sure he bloody knew before I signed the paperwork and am so peeved! He's not attempted to call me since and when I call him, he doesn't call me back. Was hoping we would have heard something by now, but think like some of you I have got more info from this thread than them!
Hi and welcome. Your dealer sounds like mine from a deal I walked away from last year. We’re quite big on naming and shaming/praising bad/good service from dealers. In my book, you’ve committed a huge financial outlay and there is simply no excuse for rudeness from these people. You deserve updates and a degree of courtesy. Good luck! We’re all hoping for news anytime from tomorrow through to sometime next week.
RightFootLeftFoot

Post by RightFootLeftFoot »

I'm in a similar boat, my dealer told me I could go and pick up the car (involving a three hour train journey to drive the thing back) before ringing me 30 minutes before I was due to collect to say it had been put on hold. Just really shitty behaviour, and I have been half tempted to kick up a fuss about it, but I'll be honest I want the car and I'm fairly convinced that if I decide to cause bother I'll end up bottom of the list. Basically getting all my info from this thread, just want to get my car and then never have anything to do with these pricks again.
RightFootLeftFoot

Post by RightFootLeftFoot »

RightFootLeftFoot wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:44 pm
I'm in a similar boat, my dealer told me I could go and pick up the car (involving a three hour train journey to drive the thing back) before ringing me 30 minutes before I was due to collect to say it had been put on hold. Just really shitty behaviour, and I have been half tempted to kick up a fuss about it, but I'll be honest I want the car and I'm fairly convinced that if I decide to cause bother I'll end up bottom of the list. Basically getting all my info from this thread, just want to get my car and then never have anything to do with these pricks again.
Pardon my language, by the way, I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling similarly irritated.