Securing an ST

Ford Puma ST Chat
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Chocky wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:19 pm Apart from the obvious (house break in to steal keys), how can a Puma ST be stolen today?

Is gaining access to the OBD port (breaking glass) to clone a new key still possible?
I think it is much like the MK8 Fiesta so yes, whilst there are some improvements to the security over previous Fiesta MKs I think it’s still worthwhile shifting the OBD or at least making it awkward to access. I seem to remember someone saying if the alarm is sounding then the car disables the OBD. I’ve taken a good bit of inspiration from the video posted earlier in the thread along with a few other carefully researched ideas that I mentioned at the start of the thread. The disklok was on from day 1, carlock tracker up and running and now my priority is on what to do with the OBD port. I’ve also ordered a smartwater kit.

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It's an idea to consider gap insurance, I paid around £250 for 4 years on my new Vignale so a little more than a £1 per week.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Bluecat wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:43 pm
The Monkey Man wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:49 pm Keyless now disabled, thanks for steering me in the right direction. Weird about the braking though, I'll have to have a nose at what settings I picked but to my knowledge everything I have set has stayed that way.
No worries at all, be interested to know if Active Braking stayed off for you.
Sad to say I stand corrected, active braking does indeed sneak back on each start. Why oh why is a setting so deeply buried in the menu resetting on start. If I want it off it should stay off.
Puma ST Agate Black
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Welcome to my world.. :D
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The Monkey Man wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:28 am
Bluecat wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:43 pm
The Monkey Man wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:49 pm Keyless now disabled, thanks for steering me in the right direction. Weird about the braking though, I'll have to have a nose at what settings I picked but to my knowledge everything I have set has stayed that way.
No worries at all, be interested to know if Active Braking stayed off for you.
Sad to say I stand corrected, active braking does indeed sneak back on each start. Why oh why is a setting so deeply buried in the menu resetting on start. If I want it off it should stay off.
Because, eventually, it will become compulsory and be turned on permanently without the option to turn it off at all. :cry:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

And……….back on topic 👍🏻
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Box of Shame.gif

Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Sparks wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:41 pmBox of Shame.gif
nag nag nag
Puma ST Agate Black
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:16 pm Have a look at this guys...yes it is Fiesta, but the Mk8 so similar to Puma.

I have posted this elsewhere, the simple OBD bracket is a brilliant idea. Whilst being aware on the Puma and Fiesta re location is difficult if not impossible.
The module he removes at 3:35 and keeps referring to as the OBD port is in fact the body control module. No surprise the car didn't turn back on with it removed :roll:
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Bluecat wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:29 am I think it is much like the MK8 Fiesta so yes, whilst there are some improvements to the security over previous Fiesta MKs I think it’s still worthwhile shifting the OBD or at least making it awkward to access. I seem to remember someone saying if the alarm is sounding then the car disables the OBD. I’ve taken a good bit of inspiration from the video posted earlier in the thread along with a few other carefully researched ideas that I mentioned at the start of the thread. The disklok was on from day 1, carlock tracker up and running and now my priority is on what to do with the OBD port. I’ve also ordered a smartwater kit.
I'd be interested to read something about Puma ST key clone/obd theft if you have anything.