Securing an ST

Ford Puma ST Chat
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Bluecat wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:46 pm Has anyone found a way to disable keyless entry? Is it really not possible on the Puma like it is on the fiesta? Perhaps a secret service menu? Or is it a forscan only job?
You'll find a number of things you can't disable....beware your first eager overtake as your dash will likely light up, sirens wailing.

Whilst I'm here... when you guys with cars wash them, how do you stop the car constantly retracting and unfolding it mirrors when the keys are on you?
Last edited by The Monkey Man on Sat May 07, 2022 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puma ST Agate Black

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Unlock the doors, open and close one, leave the keys in the house.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

I’ve disabled keyless now and set the collision assistance to low, and disabled the auto braking. That’s as good as it gets I think I read on another thread.

EDIT: I see what you mean now that the Active Braking automatically enables each time the ignition is pressed and vaguely remember from other threads about it.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

May I ask how you disabled keyless entry as I couldn't find it when I went through everything a couple months back.
I disabled the interior face thing that checks if it thinks you're falling asleep and got a warning that it will ask again in 6 months.
Set collision to low but still get it going off on spirited overtakes.
Turned of the braking thing related to the above and that stays off.
Wish I could turn of the stupid warning on the sat nav every single time the car is started / route is programmed in
Puma ST Agate Black
Deleted User 965

Wonder if this is a module versioning thing then? I can disable active braking but next time I get in it is enabled again.

So keyless for me was in the drivers console menu. Somewhere in settings > vehicle > locks > scroll right down as it’s off the bottom of the page > keyfree, you then press and hold to disable.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Sounds similar to the stop/start function. Can be disabled after starting the engine then returns on next start up. Does the ST have stop/start?
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 965

Rizmo wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:42 am Sounds similar to the stop/start function. Can be disabled after starting the engine then returns on next start up. Does the ST have stop/start?
Yeah I think it does, but same as other specs, I think if you run it in sport mode it disables it.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Keyless now disabled, thanks for steering me in the right direction. Weird about the braking though, I'll have to have a nose at what settings I picked but to my knowledge everything I have set has stayed that way.
Puma ST Agate Black
Deleted User 965

The Monkey Man wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:49 pm Keyless now disabled, thanks for steering me in the right direction. Weird about the braking though, I'll have to have a nose at what settings I picked but to my knowledge everything I have set has stayed that way.
No worries at all, be interested to know if Active Braking stayed off for you.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Apart from the obvious (house break in to steal keys), how can a Puma ST be stolen today?

Is gaining access to the OBD port (breaking glass) to clone a new key still possible?