Securing an ST

Ford Puma ST Chat
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Sorry, no.. not gone that deep into it. All I really know is that they’re the sleepy keys so should deactivate after a few minutes. I still keep mine in a faraday box though. I did read somewhere about thieves following someone to the car park pay meter if they really really want to clone the key, and therefore suggesting to even have it in a pouch the second you pull up. But my view is taking steps which are appropriate and proportionate and that I can stick to doing.

When I get out, the disklok goes on and the carlock device is activated. That’s enough for me.

Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Out of interest, has anyone else gone down the SmartWater forensics marking route?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Bluecat wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:20 pm Sorry, no.. not gone that deep into it. All I really know is that they’re the sleepy keys so should deactivate after a few minutes. I still keep mine in a faraday box though. I did read somewhere about thieves following someone to the car park pay meter if they really really want to clone the key, and therefore suggesting to even have it in a pouch the second you pull up. But my view is taking steps which are appropriate and proportionate and that I can stick to doing.

When I get out, the disklok goes on and the carlock device is activated. That’s enough for me.
The key goes to sleep after 40 seconds and does work. That said mine stay in a tin overnight, old habits die hard... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The Faraday bags also work. With the key fob in the bag and stood in front of the drivers door it won't open. Neither will it open if you stand still for 40 seconds adjacent to the door with the fob in your pocket.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
wgtwiddle

Post by wgtwiddle »

As per website...

Screenshot_20220527-180926.png

Wingnut1962

Post by Wingnut1962 »

I've got disklock and ghost immobiliser, cant be too careful.