ST Purchase

Ford Puma ST Chat
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Airwolf wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:04 pm Hi all

After my test drive of a Puma ST yesterday I have now placed my order :shock:.

I have been told possible delivery September but lets wait and see.

Thanks for the advice and pictures.
7 months, that's mental.
Puma ST Agate Black

Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

Just thought I would say I actually cancelled my Puma ST order the other week and went for a VW Polo GTI instead. Nothing to do with the current recall issue affecting the Puma ST engine and other Ford models. I still like the Puma ST and I may come back to it at some point and if they make an electric version.

I hope everyone gets their cars sorted soon and is able to enjoy them before long.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Airwolf wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:27 pm Just thought I would say I actually cancelled my Puma ST order the other week and went for a VW Polo GTI instead. Nothing to do with the current recall issue affecting the Puma ST engine and other Ford models. I still like the Puma ST and I may come back to it at some point and if they make an electric version.

I hope everyone gets their cars sorted soon and is able to enjoy them before long.
Just out of interest what’s the delivery time on the polo? The new one looks nice and in my eyes closer to the original MK1 Golf GTi than the current Golf
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

I was told by the dealer about 5-6 months but they appear to be coming in quicker now. Hopefully I might get mine in May.
Billywhizz

Post by Billywhizz »

R-JACKO wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:05 pm Hello Airwolf
Here's a few snaps of my recent purchase Desert Island Blue Dark wheels Performance Pack Pano Roof and Drivers assistance pack took 5 half months to arrive.For us the driving position and suspension are far better than the Fiesta ST which we owned.I am old school and intend to keep the car.Im getting 33mpg compared to 35 in the Fiesta but I've only done 250 miles varied driving both normal and sports mode.
Couple of little gripes getting a creaking noise from the n/s/r of the Pano Roof,front door speakers over 10 on volume vibrate the door cards and a bit of misting in the rear lights,other wise we are really happy with the car.Hopfully get the misting and pano roof sorted out under warranty.
Hi I have the same noise from my Pano roof, same location to. Booked ono the dealer 17june ( they have a shortage of master technicians) have you got your creak sorted and if so what was the fix,

Thanks Bill
ST line X,155 PS Desert Island Blue, Winter Pack, Drivers Assistance Pack, Panoramic roof and Handsfree Power Tailgate
R-JACKO

Post by R-JACKO »

Hello Bill
I haven't been into the dealer yet.I'm waiting for the recall on my car and get them to look at it then.
proudthunder

Post by proudthunder »

Airwolf wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:27 pm Just thought I would say I actually cancelled my Puma ST order the other week and went for a VW Polo GTI instead. Nothing to do with the current recall issue affecting the Puma ST engine and other Ford models. I still like the Puma ST and I may come back to it at some point and if they make an electric version.

Do you know what the recall is for. Their are two st at my dealership waiting to go to customers, when I asked the salesman what was the hold up he said recall but he dosnt know what the recall is?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

proudthunder wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:49 pm

Do you know what the recall is for. Their are two st at my dealership waiting to go to customers, when I asked the salesman what was the hold up he said recall but he dosnt know what the recall is?
Search is your friend....viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1553
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Billywhizz

Post by Billywhizz »

R-JACKO wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:39 am Hello Bill
I haven't been into the dealer yet.I'm waiting for the recall on my car and get them to look at it then.
Hi again, took my dealer a bit of time to diagnose but the rattle was not the pano roof but curtain airbag not secured ( clips)

Nice and quiet now when I pull into my drive at an angle or go over the speed control humps
ST line X,155 PS Desert Island Blue, Winter Pack, Drivers Assistance Pack, Panoramic roof and Handsfree Power Tailgate
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Strangely enough, I’m getting a sense of something slipping around and rattling by my right ear when going between braking/acceleration. That sounds like it could be a contender so thanks for the info.