ST Purchase

Ford Puma ST Chat
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

Hi all

I have recently been looking at purchasing a Puma ST Performance Pack in Desert Island Blue, driver assistance pack, power tailgate and dark wheels.

I currently have a VW Up GTI with my last Ford being a Fiesta XR2i back in the day, so the extra size and space of the Puma ST will be handy. I have always liked the Performance Fords and wondered if any ST owners can give me your views on ST ownership, build quality, issues and MPG etc. Also not sure whether to wait and see whether the Puma ST Hybrid makes an appearance at some point this year.

Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

As an ex Focus RS MK1 and MK3 owner I would say the Puma ST is absolutely brilliant.
Handling for a front wheel drive car is amazing when considering it sits a little higher than what you'd be used to. Okay not as quick as the Mk3 RS no comparison. But I would say comparable to the old MK1 RS performance wise and a whopping great leap in every other aspect.
Go for the performance package, with the Pilot Sport 4S tyres and LSD. Especially so if you have thoughts on a few modifications. Like the mountune M235. Insurance isn't to bad and for me it looks good and a practical car for daily use... It is a fun fun car.
Last edited by Rays1 on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Couldn't agree more and the engine sound under throttle really puts a smile on your face. I've come from a mini Cooper S and the Puma is just as fast with similar feel and ride to be honest. Personally, I don't think the build quality is as good as the mini but it feels more modern.
I have absolutely no regrets or wish for anything else. I will however be looking at the mountune M235 upgrade next year.
As far as fuel, I have no idea, I don't check.
R-JACKO

Post by R-JACKO »

Hello Airwolf
Here's a few snaps of my recent purchase Desert Island Blue Dark wheels Performance Pack Pano Roof and Drivers assistance pack took 5 half months to arrive.For us the driving position and suspension are far better than the Fiesta ST which we owned.I am old school and intend to keep the car.Im getting 33mpg compared to 35 in the Fiesta but I've only done 250 miles varied driving both normal and sports mode.
Couple of little gripes getting a creaking noise from the n/s/r of the Pano Roof,front door speakers over 10 on volume vibrate the door cards and a bit of misting in the rear lights,other wise we are really happy with the car.Hopfully get the misting and pano roof sorted out under warranty.

20220202_125350.jpg

20220202_125437.jpg

20220202_125513.jpg

20220202_155951.jpg

Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

Hello R-JACKO

The photos of your Desert Island Blue look really great and it's defintely the colour for me. The one thing I did notice from the front shot of your car and I don't know if it's a trick of the light but there appears to be a colour difference between your bumper and bonnet. As I say may just be a trick of the light or my eyesight is going :D.

Also if anyone else can answer when will there be a likely facelift for the Puma and do you think there is a likely hood of a Puma ST Hybrid this year?
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Awesome pics buddy๐Ÿ‘my favourite colour ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Mike

Post by Mike »

R-JACKO wrote: โ†‘Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:05 pm Hello Airwolf
Here's a few snaps of my recent purchase Desert Island Blue Dark wheels Performance Pack Pano Roof and Drivers assistance pack took 5 half months to arrive.For us the driving position and suspension are far better than the Fiesta ST which we owned.I am old school and intend to keep the car.Im getting 33mpg compared to 35 in the Fiesta but I've only done 250 miles varied driving both normal and sports mode.
Couple of little gripes getting a creaking noise from the n/s/r of the Pano Roof,front door speakers over 10 on volume vibrate the door cards and a bit of misting in the rear lights,other wise we are really happy with the car.Hopfully get the misting and pano roof sorted out under warranty.
Good choice, the misting lights is pretty normal on the pumas , as long as it doesnโ€™t form droplets it is ok.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Mike

Post by Mike »

Airwolf wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:51 am Hello R-JACKO

The photos of your Desert Island Blue look really great and it's defintely the colour for me. The one thing I did notice from the front shot of your car and I don't know if it's a trick of the light but there appears to be a colour difference between your bumper and bonnet. As I say may just be a trick of the light or my eyesight is going :D.

Also if anyone else can answer when will there be a likely facelift for the Puma and do you think there is a likely hood of a Puma ST Hybrid this year?
Most cars these days the bumpers look a slightly different colour, I think itโ€™s because they are plastic and the way the light reflects off them.

Would be surprised if a hybrid ST came out this year due to the chip shortages and issues caused by that.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
R-JACKO

Post by R-JACKO »

Thanks everyone for your kind comments ๐Ÿ‘
Mike I will keep a eye on the misting of the rear lights๐Ÿ‘
I know I was taking a chance on the Pano Roof my daughter had a leak in her Fiesta the dealer fixed the leak and a new head lining.Just love the light coming though and having it open.
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

Hi all

After my test drive of a Puma ST yesterday I have now placed my order :shock:.

I have been told possible delivery September but lets wait and see.

Thanks for the advice and pictures.