ST Early Impressions

Ford Puma ST Chat
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Are they counting the lumber support? I don't mess with mine so unsure.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Forward/ back
Raise/ lower
Lumber
Back tilt

That’s all I could find, unless they count the likes of forward and back as 2 adjustments?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Mike

Post by Mike »

Got to drive an st today to help with the st or another st line x dilemma, thoughts are obviously sounds better with a deeper tone, ride not as bad as I thought it was going to be , steering heavier and I felt a bit more responsive, road noise again obviously more than my car on 18’s but not as loud as the st on 19’s I test drove before ordering mine or so I remember. Pulled onto a duel carriageway and thought the exhaust was quite boomy at approx 65 but on the return journey it was ok so wondering if it was because it wasn’t up to full temp ? Scrolling through the menus and noticed the car had an average mpg of 39 which I didn’t think was bad. Liked the look of the ST and think it would look good in grey matter with black roof and polished alloys. Only £80more to insure.

For the negatives not sure if it is because I am 5’8 but found the side bolsters quite difficult when getting out of the car and would cause major problems when getting my elderly mother in law in/ out. drove mine home and it was a relaxing journey whereas I’m not sure the ST would have been, I know my car isn’t anywhere near as quick but I think it is plenty quick enough these days for the amount of traffic/ cameras etc( I must be getting old),

I guess there are good and bad about all vehicles and different things matter to different drivers so I am still trying to decide. If I was 30 it would be the ST without a doubt just not sure now.
Deleted User 878

Put the mother in law in the back and buy a car for you and your family. Have fun because you only live once.
Mike

Post by Mike »

She cannot get in the back otherwise I would.
R-JACKO

Post by R-JACKO »

Hello Mick
The new STs come with the Ford Performance seats now.Not sure if the bolsters are any different than the Recaros.🤷‍♂️
Deleted User 878

Try the boot and she can soak her feet in the maga box...old people like that.
Mike

Post by Mike »

R-JACKO wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:58 pm Hello Mick
The new STs come with the Ford Performance seats now.Not sure if the bolsters are any different than the Recaros.🤷‍♂️
Thanks, need to find one with those seats to have a look at.
Mike

Post by Mike »

denty1964 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:29 pm Try the boot and she can soak her feet in the maga box...old people like that.
:D
Mike

Post by Mike »

Found picture, doesn’t look to be much different unfortunately.

51BD27CD-D073-4CFF-A8FF-95A59C204FA9.jpeg