Recaros gone in 2022

Ford Puma ST Chat
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

To be honest....I do prefer the new ones over the Recaro's in looks and from what I've see on early reports, they are a bit more comfortable. Still happy with what I will be getting though.

Rodrod

Post by Rodrod »

I picked up my Puma ST in Grey Matter on Saturday. Ordered October with a build date of 9 December. Initially had a delivery date of 22 Jan, but turned up end of last week.

Mine arrived with Recaro chairs. Interestingly it also came with a rear reversing camera, which I’m fairly certain wasn’t in the spec as standard when I ordered. Temp gauge isn’t on the dial anymore and the USB port on inside the arm rest is now USB C.

I’ve found the Recaro chairs uncomfortable, but know from feedback they can take a bit of getting used to/breaking in.
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Neither the August 2021 (2021.75) or November 2021 (2022.25) price list shows the camera as standard. It's in the driver assistance pack, so not sure what has happened there.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Had a chance to view the Gold Edition today...(see my review)
But here is the thing, the seats, oh dear why on earth did Ford stop fitting the Recaro seats to the ST.
Are the new seats comfortable, oh yes they sure are. But within seconds you instantly forget your in an ST. It just doesn't feel right. The Recaro's are a sporty snug fit, I love em. The new seats well they are just nice but so dam boring. Sitting and driving in a ST should feel exactly that, feel like your in an RS or ST. With the new seats you could be in any Puma.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

But here is the thing, the seats, oh dear why on earth did Ford stop fitting the Recaro seats to the ST.
Because they can produce their own one cheaper / increase margin? Totally agree though that the recaro seats are far more the part, best compromise would be to offer them as an option.
Puma ST Agate Black
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

The Monkey Man wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:10 am I ordered in October, picked up from the dealer early last week. Order describes as a 2022 but I have "ST" puddle lights and recaro seats
I can confirm that my 2022.25 build has also turned up with the ST puddle lights.
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

I say, if you have the ST then you should have the ST projection. This is part of the impact against other Pumas.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

denty1964 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:11 am I say, if you have the ST then you should have the ST projection. This is part of the impact against other Pumas.
Definitely
Puma ST Agate Black
kevmond

Post by kevmond »

Sorry to drag up an old thread, it was announced that the new ST's seats are:
"certified by leading spinal health organisation Aktion Gesunder Rücken e.V. (AGR), the Campaign for Healthier Backs."
"Crucially for achieving AGR certification, the seats can be adjusted to fit the occupants in 14 ways for maximum comfort and support – rather than the occupant adapting their position to the seat."
White ST with Performance pack.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

kevmond wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:45 am Sorry to drag up an old thread, it was announced that the new ST's seats are:
"certified by leading spinal health organisation Aktion Gesunder Rücken e.V. (AGR), the Campaign for Healthier Backs."
"Crucially for achieving AGR certification, the seats can be adjusted to fit the occupants in 14 ways for maximum comfort and support – rather than the occupant adapting their position to the seat."
My God, who cares. I thought the point of a Sport Seat was to hold you in place whilst giving it some. It you're worried about the stuff above you really bought the wrong car :D
Puma ST Agate Black