Recaros gone in 2022

Ford Puma ST Chat
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

I have emailed them no reply yet i think if you bought the car and signed on the dotted line in Oct then they should give you what you are paying for they should not change anything I will be getting an answer off them. I wont be paying anymore either:>) Let you know what happens :>)

Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

The price will remain the same - it should say so in the agreement that you signed. Only thing that increases is VAT or road fund tax or both!

All manufacturers have a statement along the lines of being able to change specifications at any time.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

That said, when I ordered my Ecosport it turned up as the “newer” spec with less on it then the one I ordered. I rejected it and the dealer reluctantly ordered me the same new spec and paid for the extra optional packs to bring it up to and better than the spec I originally ordered.

They still managed to bodge that one too so I didn’t take delivery. Went elsewhere and got my Puma.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

NeilS wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:35 am That said, when I ordered my Ecosport it turned up as the “newer” spec with less on it then the one I ordered. I rejected it and the dealer reluctantly ordered me the same new spec and paid for the extra optional packs to bring it up to and better than the spec I originally ordered.

They still managed to bodge that one too so I didn’t take delivery. Went elsewhere and got my Puma.
Talk about them making a total mess of it all. I have literally gone through the new price list with a fine toothcomb and any niggles I had I have raised specifically. If it turns up without anything I'm expecting I too will with a very heavy heart reject it. The replaced seats and potentially the changed puddle lights looks to be the only changes, along with the price uplift which I did thankfully avoid.

In my mind if the seats are awful then I'd probably still be within my rights to reject it as they weren't what I ordered.
Deleted User 965

Supertramp wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:45 am I have emailed them no reply yet i think if you bought the car and signed on the dotted line in Oct then they should give you what you are paying for they should not change anything I will be getting an answer off them. I wont be paying anymore either:>) Let you know what happens :>)
I'm afraid that's not always the case I don't think. With the Fiesta orders, yes if there was like for like options they did match the spec, but where parts change, such as with the seats they have no quibbles at just changing it. if you got in early enough for them to build your car as a 2021.75 car then you should still get the Recaros. If your car is now scheduled to be built beyond a specific date that Ford have set in their own systems, your order will turn in to the 2022.25 car, and you will receive the Ford Performance seats.
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

Hi I originally ordered my ST on 19th Oct and signed the paperwork and a few days later they said Ford have now given them a delivery date of end Jan 22 then I added the Performance pack on the 12 Nov so I will just have to see what turns up i suppose, will still chase he dealer though for an answer.

Cheers

Mike
Deleted User 965

Cheers for that.. That's the nearest gauge to where mine might be in the pile. Ordered exactly 1 month after yours. I suppose there is still half a chance of getting mine in March then.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Hope you guys get what youve ordered,ford are always messing about with specs,its like they took all the spec off the titanium including the massage seats,its like that have stripped the models bear,I went to ford to get a titanium specced up to my fiesta s level of spec,it came out at £27500,it was like omg crazy price I had £15000 with my car,but I thought im not putting myself in debt to the tune of £14 grand
Mike

Post by Mike »

Your dealer should have a list of any changes coming in eg ordered 2021.50 but getting 2021.75 then the dealer should be able to tell you what is different, I originally was getting a 2020.5 but ended up with a 2020.75 by the time I got to ordering one, the dealer had a sheet with the differences which on mine was no temp on the dial, different seat material, no scuff plates although mine came with them.
Not sure where you stand for rejecting a car which has had a spec change, in reality you should get the spec of the car at the time of ordering.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

My ST was built on 8 Dec and has been shipped eta at Wigan week ending the 5th Feb if no delays that is - cant wait - having serious problems with current Puma is in the garage this Thurs for a new part hope it works.

Have a good 2022

Mike