Recaros gone in 2022

Ford Puma ST Chat
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Morning all,

I have just been scrutinising the new price list which dropped the day after I ordered. Seems there are some subtle changes on there. First it says the puddle lights now have the puma projection even on the ST and the new special edition.

Most importantly though, the Recaros have been unceremoniously dumped too. The Puma ST now inherits the Ford Performance seats from the Fiesta and Focus. As for whether this affects current, outstanding orders I don't know, but could certainly be one to check in with your dealer about if you are concerned about potential new seats.

R-JACKO

Post by R-JACKO »

Hello Bluecat
Do we still get power fold and heated mirrors.
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

Hi and thanks for the info - I ordered an ST in Mid Oct and have a delivery date of end Jan 22 but that will probably change. I have emailed the dealer to ask which seats I will be getting see what he says. What is the difference between the two anything serious?? I want the Recario ones that were showing when I ordered the car but I doubt they will honour that. I will try and find a photo of these performance Fiesta Focus ones see if they are just as good??
I think the Puma Puddle logo looks better than the ST sign so I am happy about that.

Thanks Again

Mike
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

Price has gone up too!!
Deleted User 965

R-JACKO wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:23 pm Hello Bluecat
Do we still get power fold and heated mirrors.
After all the fuss over on the Fiesta forum about whether or not they were important, that question made me chuckle. According to the price list yeah, they're still listed.

The price list is on ford.co.uk, scroll to the very bottom and select Brochures and Price Lists.
Supertramp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:41 pm Hi and thanks for the info - I ordered an ST in Mid Oct and have a delivery date of end Jan 22 but that will probably change. I have emailed the dealer to ask which seats I will be getting see what he says. What is the difference between the two anything serious?? I want the Recario ones that were showing when I ordered the car but I doubt they will honour that. I will try and find a photo of these performance Fiesta Focus ones see if they are just as good??
I think the Puma Puddle logo looks better than the ST sign so I am happy about that.

Thanks Again

Mike
The dealer might not actually know yet but certainly worth an ask if you'd be bothered by the change. Best picture I have seen of the new seats is over on the Fiestastoc forum. Page 3 of the "Now im getting a bit excited" thread. I agree on the puddle lights and would prefer the cat. Just take it with a pinch of salt though. Could be a copy/paste typo.

Someone mentioned receiving an e-mail saying the price was going up, which is why I'd kept a look out for a new price list. Whether our orders are affected, time/dealers will only tell I guess.
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

The dealership will honour the price at time of the order. I ordered mine in July and was told then.
As far as the seats and puddle lights....after 5 months of waiting.....I'm not bothered to be honest., iv seen the new seats and they look good as well. I will probably get the recaros anyway.
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

Thanks for all the info appreciated.

Mike
Deleted User 965

Just had it confirmed that my order has been switched to the 2022 model, so no Recaros for me.
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

I have just checked the photo of the Ford Performance seats in the Fiesta and I deff prefer the Recario ones so I really hope the New Puma ST does come with them fitted only time will tell. I doubt we will have any say on the matter anyway. Will prob just be glad to get the car under the current climate :>)
Deleted User 965

Have you asked your dealer about your order? I see you ordered a good month ago, so would be very interesting to see how far back they're going in their order changes from 2021.75 to 2022.25. If you have been moved to 2022 then you won't get the Recaros. Your dealer should be able to see on their system hopefully.