OBD dummy port Puma ST

Ford Puma ST Chat
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Bluecat wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:38 pm I intend to do something with the OBD port when mine arrives. I'd already been pointed in the direction of that video when I was waiting on a Fiesta. It's just how far do I go.. Either dummy port or remove the fuse, then the bracket I think for me. Is removing that fuse entirely safe in terms of not affecting any of the cars other systems? Presumably anything on a Fiesta ST applies to us. I'm planning to have a raft of steps that any would be thief would have to workaround. By the time they'd got passed the first couple I'd hope they'd have already worked out it isn't worth the effort. It'll have to be a pretty determined crim, and those types will probably be already busy with land rovers and mercs.

I didn't know about the Pandora system so thanks for that pointer. Will have a read up. I was considering either a Ghost II or a Clifford 650.
The quickest and really effective extra security solution is by using a "Diskloc".
The Puma already has a "sleeping key fob" as standard, a good start on security I think and by blocking off the OBD that adds another layer.
But honestly guys get a Diskloc... Yer it is heavily, and a pain to use but I swear by it.
For my Puma ST I have made a padded slip over pouch (in green of course :lol: ) to cover the Sync screen, just in case I donk it when I put the Diskloc on.
Plus I always turn the steering wheel left or right before I put the lock on.. Why so you may ask?
Makes it impossible for a would be thief to manually manoeuvre you car forward or back.

An OBD dummy port is an idea, but not a straight forward option now. Unlike previous Fords the design on mk8 Fiesta and Puma doesn't allow disconnection plus it's difficult to tuck it away out of view.

Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Thanks for the pointers. Sorry should have said that the Disklok was a given for me. I've had one before and it's mandatory for a desirable car.

I'm also going to disable keyfree entry and require a button to be pressed. My other one is going to be Smartwater forensic liquid too. I've even heard of removing the start button when going on holiday or otherwise leaving the car for an extended time.
Artchap

Post by Artchap »

Hi All, had a unit similar to this for a while. Tucking away the OBD is OK but is usually found ? This unit locks away the OBD inside a steel shell whith is bolted , at least thieves would then have to have the necessary tools / time , which may be enough ? This one found on E Bay.

E bay - OBDPRO - Ford Original OBD Port Anti-Theft Cover/Protector
Regards

Screenshot_20240323_111935_Chrome.jpg