OBD dummy port Puma ST

Ford Puma ST Chat
Gary_28

Post by Gary_28 »

Brillant I never knew that, was nice of the ford tech to let me know that when I was in talking about it.

Thank you for the infomation 😊

Do you know If this is a recent thing to prevent OND theft.

As the puma and kuga since 2019 have sleeping keys that helps with relay theft however not the OBD

Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Tbh there’s very little info out there (or I don’t know what to search for)

Reading between the lines it seems to of come in about the same time as sleeping key fobs

It’s on the Fiesta, so am assuming it’s on the Puma as it’s basically the same car
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

I guess the easiest way to find out would be to plug into the port and see what happens (I don’t have a device else I’d try it myself) I guess that alarm has to be set with no key in the vicinity
Pumanick

Post by Pumanick »

Hi All
I looked into this a lot when looking to step up security.
Yes the dummy port will slow them down or you can look into OBD protector which electronically locks out the OBD
Yes Ford introduced the 10 min delay but they were forcing the locks on the Fiestas which just turned off the alarm
I have gone for a Pandora system with an OBD immobiliser added which cuts the OBD plus the alarm is going off and car is immobilised too even if the factory system is beaten.
Plus I get alerts sent to me by text and call when it’s set off

Really depends on what you want to spend !
Well worth talking to BSWC he covers a lot of the country and is mega helpful here is his link
https://bswcautosecurity.co.uk/contact/
Fabulous Red Puma ST,Performance Pack,Driver Assistance Pack :D
Gary_28

Post by Gary_28 »

Thank you for the infomation
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

If somebody nicks my car I see this as an opportunity to upgrade. Do you get a reduction of car insurance with one of these fitted?
Pumanick

Post by Pumanick »

I did get a discount s it’s thatcham 1 approved
Fabulous Red Puma ST,Performance Pack,Driver Assistance Pack :D
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Take a look at this guys. Yes it is for Fiesta ST, but a Mk8 so not to different OBD wise to the Puma ST. I like the home made angle bracket? Start the video at 3min 45sec and you will see what I mean.

Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Nice video. At 3:30 that is the BCM he removed hence why the car stopped working. Fuse 10 seems the easiest method.
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

I intend to do something with the OBD port when mine arrives. I'd already been pointed in the direction of that video when I was waiting on a Fiesta. It's just how far do I go.. Either dummy port or remove the fuse, then the bracket I think for me. Is removing that fuse entirely safe in terms of not affecting any of the cars other systems? Presumably anything on a Fiesta ST applies to us. I'm planning to have a raft of steps that any would be thief would have to workaround. By the time they'd got passed the first couple I'd hope they'd have already worked out it isn't worth the effort. It'll have to be a pretty determined crim, and those types will probably be already busy with land rovers and mercs.

I didn't know about the Pandora system so thanks for that pointer. Will have a read up. I was considering either a Ghost II or a Clifford 650.