ST-line Vignale versus ST-Line X Vignale

Ford Puma ST Chat
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

While trying to organise my car insurance transfer to my forthcoming new Puma I keep seeing references to an ST-Line X Vignale trim (e,g. when selecting trim level on the insurance website, and even on Autotrader) yet I can't see any reference to that trim on the Ford website, only the ST-Line Vignale.

Does (or did) the ST-Line X Vignale exist? If it does/did exist, does anyone know what the difference is?

EDIT.. just realised my post is in the wrong topic section. Sorry, can an admin move it?
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.

Alan321

Post by Alan321 »

I have an ST Line X Vignale, reg date September 2020. No idea what's different if you take away the X.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I'm in the same boat, don't know if there is a difference but the insurance needs to be right. Looks like an email to Ford or maybe a dealer can supply the answer.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The Vignale only has equipment over and above the ST-Line X which already has equipment over the ST-Line. So, there is neither, It's either a Vignale or it's not. The fact that the insurance companies have choices that don't exist isn't a surprise and it will make little difference as long as it's got Vignale in there.
When I bought my Fiesta Active it was the first on the road and the insurance company didn't have it on any of their books. They just used the current top of the range Fiesta as a jumping off point for the quote and went with that.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Should be insured as per your V5.
manc

Post by manc »

Hi
On my V5 it does says st-line vignale (not ST-Line X viganale)
Mine was built Nov 2020 and registered end April 2021
Manc
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

The price list that most likely covers your Nov 2020 build simply says ST Line Vignale.
PL-Puma Oct 2020.pdf
(3.5 MiB) Downloaded 204 times
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Sparks wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:11 am The Vignale only has equipment over and above the ST-Line X which already has equipment over the ST-Line. So, there is neither, It's either a Vignale or it's not. The fact that the insurance companies have choices that don't exist isn't a surprise and it will make little difference as long as it's got Vignale in there.
When I bought my Fiesta Active it was the first on the road and the insurance company didn't have it on any of their books. They just used the current top of the range Fiesta as a jumping off point for the quote and went with that.
What you said makes sense, it would have been far better if Ford just called it a Ford Puma Vignale.
As for insurance.... geeez..... I've just had so much pain trying to get my insurer to insure what is currently an unregistered car, but when I pick it up, it will be registered and I want my existing insurance to transfer. They argued the car needs to be registered first, I argued that they can register it ... anyway they finally agreed to insure it, but what a hassle. Also, on their list of Puma models.... yes.... they had both the ST-Line Vignale and the ST-Line X Vignale on their lists!!!!! Sheesh !!!!
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
manc

Post by manc »

Hi I had free ford insurance (can't remember if 5 or 7 days, which was enough to get the car on DVLA and then insurance picked it up as st-line Vgnale
The dealer asked me to set this up
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)
manc

Post by manc »

I know I had problems with my insurance, but mainly due to initially having a ford loan (it was 0% the only reason). If this is the case, you are the registered keeper but not the registered owner, that is the loan company owner
They had no choice, PCP, lease etc. Eventually got the right choice private lease