ST-line Vignale versus ST-Line X Vignale

Ford Puma ST Chat
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Sparks wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:15 pm The spec plate on mine has no mention of Cologne or Craiova...Unless it's in code somewhere. :?
FYI.... here's the plate

20210811_155044~2.jpg

2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Nope....Mines blank there...It's a First Edition, so, was definitely built in Craiova.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Hi all
I've just joined the forum and I have a Vignale on order and just reading this topic thread it's raised a few questions I had and I hope you don't mind me sharing my thought on the matter?
I went for the Vignale as I wanted full leather and a premium sound system, but that aside I would also like to have badging to reflect the model I am buying. It may be a vanity thing, but in my view not having any noticeable identification on the car detracts from the owner experience. Is it me or is Ford 'dumbing down' the Vignale brand? I watched a UTube video yesterday from 2014 where this was an exciting venture for Ford and where Vignale cars stood out from the crowd and came with a lot of customer benefits, but I am wondering what these are in this current climate. I'm a little disappointed about the lack of external badging, but what about the Vignale embossed leather headrest they used on other models and the premium service they say they offer?
I'm sure I'm going to be happy with the car when it arrives, however I'm wondering if I really am getting value for money for the higher price paid over the ST line X?

Hope that doesn't come over as a rant :lol: , but would welcome other members views?
Puma ST Line X Vignale - Frozen White - DAP - 155bhp Auto - Pan Roof - HFPT
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
Pick up from dealer - 20 May 22
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ford are dumbing down all models to save costs. The newer models are mere shadows of the originals IMO.
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

SteveO wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:42 pm Hi all
I've just joined the forum and I have a Vignale on order and just reading this topic thread it's raised a few questions I had and I hope you don't mind me sharing my thought on the matter?
I went for the Vignale as I wanted full leather and a premium sound system, but that aside I would also like to have badging to reflect the model I am buying. It may be a vanity thing, but in my view not having any noticeable identification on the car detracts from the owner experience. Is it me or is Ford 'dumbing down' the Vignale brand? I watched a UTube video yesterday from 2014 where this was an exciting venture for Ford and where Vignale cars stood out from the crowd and came with a lot of customer benefits, but I am wondering what these are in this current climate. I'm a little disappointed about the lack of external badging, but what about the Vignale embossed leather headrest they used on other models and the premium service they say they offer?
I'm sure I'm going to be happy with the car when it arrives, however I'm wondering if I really am getting value for money for the higher price paid over the ST line X?

Hope that doesn't come over as a rant :lol: , but would welcome other members views?
Well, car picked up on Friday and I've just put on the Vignale badges - I'm made up with how they look and being OEM parts I don't think they distract from the look of the vehicle at all - well chuffed😀

20220526_105046.jpg

20220526_105029.jpg

20220526_105021.jpg

Puma ST Line X Vignale - Frozen White - DAP - 155bhp Auto - Pan Roof - HFPT
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
Pick up from dealer - 20 May 22
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Personally, I wouldn’t have put them on as it makes no difference if people know what model I have or not - and those that know their models would know anyway from the trim level.

But if you like them, that’s all that matters 👍🏻
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

NeilS wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:07 am Personally, I wouldn’t have put them on as it makes no difference if people know what model I have or not - and those that know their models would know anyway from the trim level.

But if you like them, that’s all that matters 👍🏻
I was going to put the same, I'll just agree with you NeilS, save my fingers
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Embellishments are usually put on for the satisfaction of the owner rather than for anyone else. So, if it makes you happy, power to you.
Titanium was the top of the range at one time, now look where it is.
The Vignale coachbuilding company (named after Alfredo Vignale) was purchased by Ford in the 70's along with Ghia coachbuilders.
2013 Ford announced plans to resurrect the Vignale brand. The brand was supposed to have an 'enhanced' dealer experience as well as being visually distinctive. They also offered lifetime free carwashes.....Not sure what happened to that lot.... :D
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Wouldn't want free dealer car washes, even your worst personal attempt will probably be better.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:58 pm Wouldn't want free dealer car washes, even your worst personal attempt will probably be better.
Agreed, don't think the offer would be a deal clincher for a Vignale (or anything else).