Strange noise from passenger side front when driving?

Ford Puma ST Chat
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

I'm getting a strange noise on the passenger side front when I am driving along, it almost sounds like some kind of vibration, but I'm certain it isn't coming from any interior panels. Has anyone experienced a similar thing? Thinking possibly something a bit off with the suspension or something, but it appears to drive OK.

Not sure whether to take it to the garage or not, I don't want to be charged a diagnostics fee if they don't find anything :/
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack

Thrillhouse

Post by Thrillhouse »

When you hear it try applying pressure to the red door reflector towards the bottom of the door trim, mines an absolute nightmare for vibrating when I'm playing music.
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

It's definitely not vibration from music at least (I've turned the music down to 0 to hear it clearer), I don't think it's internal at all.
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack
Thrillhouse

Post by Thrillhouse »

Does it match the engine revs? I get a slight tinny vibration at low revs from the rear passenger door. Another user suggested it might be the door latch.
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

It does not match the engine revs. It's not always noticeable but more after going over a particularly bumpy bit of road (where it's more audible *after* the fact, not during.

Did hit a pretty nasty pothole a couple of months ago that made an awful noise but didn't seem to cause any visible issues.
2020 Puma ST Performance