PUMA ST owners: Why didn't you buy the Fiesta ST?

Ford Puma ST Chat
proudthunder

Post by proudthunder »

I have just ordered a Puma st You can not order a Fiesta or a Focus now

AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

proudthunder wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:31 pm I have just ordered a Puma st You can not order a Fiesta or a Focus now
Was just having a general chat with the dealer on Saturday and he said the same, fiesta’s closed due to backlog of orders and Focus due to parts from Ukraine, also first Galaxy in for ages for someone waiting from March last year! ( didn’t know they still did the Galaxy!)
andymcp

Post by andymcp »

Well we picked up a new Fiesta ST3 just before the first lockdown in 2020....a bit of a change from the Range Rover Sport we had before it!

But since kids didn't really travel with us any more, we wanted something fun to chuck about and make the long drives on country roads that are about 60% of our mileage that bit more fun again. And who doesn't love a hot hatch anyway? Fiesta was perfect, and we wouldn't be changing to a Puma if it wasn't for 2 things:

1. We ticked the sunroof box on the Fiesta, not realising that ruled out adding roof bars. Our failsafe for when kids did come along was a roof box for the luggage on the rare family trips - the sunroof put paid to that and it was always a niggle. I have a kayak we used to take along places too, so that hasn't been travelling with us either any more.

2. Price. We were just starting to think about what to do post warranty, when we were offered a fully loaded Puma ST for less than we were paying for the Fiesta....and we'd got the Fiesta at something of a steal. Bit of haggling and we got similar discounts on the Puma, so we can have a bit more room to load carry (we have started some more new kit-heavy hobbies), can leave the sunroof off the options and reinstate roof bars, and have a spare £90 a month in our pockets. But we've still got a decent fun car, a hoot of an engine, practicality when we need it and a driving layout we like (I can't stand touchscreen controls for simple things like heating or fan settings....give me buttons and dials every day of the week).

We'll seriously miss the Fiesta, it was everything we wanted from it and more, and the limitations were our fault for ticking the wrong boxes. But looking forward to the Puma whenever it arrives, and it's infinitely better looking for the driveway than the revised Fiesta styling.
00lukep

Post by 00lukep »

Test drove the mk8 fiesta and loved it. When I realised the baby pram was never going in the boot had to settle for the next best thing, Puma ST. The practicality is 👌🏼

I had an M340i touring up until last week, the Puma ST feels like a real drivers car in comparison - fast, fun, affordable, practical and looks great. Absolutely love it!