Space saver wheel for puma st

Ford Puma ST Chat
Post Reply
Jimbobain
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:21 pm

Space saver wheel for puma st

Post by Jimbobain » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:23 am

Just got my puma st mean green , has any st owners figured out what space saver tyre to use on the st i dont trust that gunk stuff

Rays1
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:41 pm

Re: Space saver wheel for puma st

Post by Rays1 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:40 pm

That's a dam good question... I have been thinking to purchase a full size original wheel as a spare.
I did the same on my previous car a Focus RS. But never used it. But guess what with just 1500miles on the clock I get a puncher on the ST, sods law eh, nail right in the middle. So car ended up on axle stands until I could get it repaired.
I am taking my car in next week due to that bloody sleep mode issue, it is a real problem.
While in the dealership I will ask what's possible? I actually believe that a space saver will work on the rear, but only on the rear due to the size of the front brake calipers. But if it just works on the rear I can live with that, swapping a good tyre/wheel rear to front perhaps if necessary.
By the way not sure if you or anyone else relealise this, but the Pilot Sport 4S tyres (excellent they are) marked FP (Ford Performance) are bespoke to the Puma ST. Should you get a puncher or damage the tyre and it can't be repaired. If a new tyre is needed, you must specify the correct size obviously and type and be sure it's the "FP Pilot Sport 4S" version.
IMPORTANT: an off the shelf Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is NOT the same a Michelin Pilot Sport 4S FP and be warned some tyre distribution centers are not aware of the fact.
they are different, you have been Warned. Plus if you want a new tyre I bet you they will have to order the FP version!!!!!

Jimbobain
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:21 pm

Re: Space saver wheel for puma st

Post by Jimbobain » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:55 pm

Yes that would be great if you ask at your dealership fingers crossed i dont damage any tyres and have to go hunting for a new tyre might be a problem getting them

STer
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:14 pm

Re: Space saver wheel for puma st

Post by STer » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Rays1 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:40 pm

I am taking my car in next week due to that bloody sleep mode issue, it is a real problem.
I thought this only effected some of the hybrid models, and of course the ST hasn't got any hybrid stuff?

If it's to do with having the app downloaded/ connected, is this app really essential? I like my phone to have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my car. I mean, i read somewhere someone was using it to lock/unlock doors? Excuse me if I'm wrong with that one. If so, why the heck does someone need to use an 'app' on a mobile to unlock a car door. What's wrong with the fob for example? lol

Wdf76
Posts: 1476
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Space saver wheel for puma st

Post by Wdf76 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:26 pm

STer wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:17 pm
What's wrong with the fob for example? lol
The fob is fine and so is the app if you wanna give someone access to your car and you're not there.

Rays1
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:41 pm

Re: Space saver wheel for puma st

Post by Rays1 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:51 pm

Wdf76 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:26 pm
STer wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:17 pm
What's wrong with the fob for example? lol
The fob is fine and so is the app if you wanna give someone access to your car and you're not there.
Nothing wrong with the key fob or for that matter keyless entry. However regardless of the App, when my car decides to go into sleep mode (that's more often than not) I can't open/lock the passenger door keyless and nor will Sync play audio (engine off) for more than 5minutes without shutting down to conserve battery. Dam good job I didn't specify auto boot as I suspect that wouldn't work either. I will ask about the space saver today.

User avatar
Sparks
Posts: 1226
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Space saver wheel for puma st

Post by Sparks » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:25 am

Rays1 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:51 pm
Wdf76 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:26 pm
STer wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:17 pm
What's wrong with the fob for example? lol
The fob is fine and so is the app if you wanna give someone access to your car and you're not there.
Nothing wrong with the key fob or for that matter keyless entry. However regardless of the App, when my car decides to go into sleep mode (that's more often than not) I can't open/lock the passenger door keyless and nor will Sync play audio (engine off) for more than 5minutes without shutting down to conserve battery. Dam good job I didn't specify auto boot as I suspect that wouldn't work either. I will ask about the space saver today.
That's strange as when mine had the deep sleep problem keyless entry and the tailgate still worked.
Ford Puma ST-Line X First Edition (Manual)...Frozen White.

STer
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:14 pm

Re: Space saver wheel for puma st

Post by STer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:00 am

Thick question here, granted, but if someone like me, who would never in a million years use any sort of 'app' with a car, i.e, I'd download nothing, but just use car to like, drive, would all the problems with this deep sleep stuff never occur in the first place? Or would they occur regardless if one has 'synced up their car'?

User avatar
Sparks
Posts: 1226
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Space saver wheel for puma st

Post by Sparks » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:57 am

STer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:00 am
Thick question here, granted, but if someone like me, who would never in a million years use any sort of 'app' with a car, i.e, I'd download nothing, but just use car to like, drive, would all the problems with this deep sleep stuff never occur in the first place? Or would they occur regardless if one has 'synced up their car'?
It would tell you in the car on the sync screen. If it occurs you would get whatever problems it induces regardless of whether you had the app or not.
Best to look in the deep sleep thread.
Maybe Rob could move this question to there??
Ford Puma ST-Line X First Edition (Manual)...Frozen White.

Post Reply