Car Bra

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Found this for anyone who may want some stone chip protection...Seems to leave a chunk unprotected though... :D
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-HOOD-BON ... 4381612698
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

VengasUK

Post by VengasUK »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just got a stone chip on the very edge of the panel below where that “bra” goes. :(
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

That's the chunk I thought unprotected... :lol:
My brother lives in Kansas in the US and a lot of their roads are dirt or shale out in the sticks. All his cars have a 'Car Bra', but, I can't remember any of them leaving such a large area without protection, some of them even surrounded the headlights. I guess the limitation is the bonnet/;hood :? it needs to end at the grill for full front protection.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Whilst it may protect the bonnet from stone chips, let’s be honest in that it looks ugly and you’d end up having paintwork that doesn’t match if left on for too long from the sun and UV rays. Not to mention the marring caused from vibration/rubbing and dirt getting caught around the edging.

Horses for courses. I’d rather invest in getting my car PPF wrapped, albeit at an expense.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

NeilS wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:21 am Whilst it may protect the bonnet from stone chips, let’s be honest in that it looks ugly and you’d end up having paintwork that doesn’t match if left on for too long from the sun and UV rays. Not to mention the marring caused from vibration/rubbing and dirt getting caught around the edging.

Horses for courses. I’d rather invest in getting my car PPF wrapped, albeit at an expense.
I wasn't presenting it a serious contender. :D
As far as PPF is concerned, it's hardly worth the expense when changing the car every 2 years or so IMO.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Sparks wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:50 am I wasn't presenting it a serious contender. :D
Phew. I’ll call off the dogs then 😆
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
VengasUK

Post by VengasUK »

Perhaps the manufacturer is relying on drunks for sales of this idiotic thing :D
Mike

Post by Mike »

NeilS wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:21 am Whilst it may protect the bonnet from stone chips, let’s be honest in that it looks ugly and you’d end up having paintwork that doesn’t match if left on for too long from the sun and UV rays. Not to mention the marring caused from vibration/rubbing and dirt getting caught around the edging.

I looked at ppf and even for the front grille area, bonnet it is quite expensive, bumper and bonnet were approx £1000.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Mike

Post by Mike »

Mike wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:29 am

I looked at ppf and even for the front grille area, bonnet it is quite expensive, bumper and bonnet were approx £1000.
Would ceramic coating help since it forms a hard layer over the paint ?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )