Ford Performance ST lip retro fit - DONE!

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Mattcrx wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:45 pm
Rays1 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:11 pm
indigorider wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:15 pm How do you got a hold on an st lip?

Been searching the webs and ford sites but no luck. Cant we just go to a certified seller and request the part?

Also is there anything more holding in place the lip other than the ribets? Like M3 adhesive?

But nevertheless there are some after market lips available for the puma, not so stylish but maybe will do the mechanical effect rite xD
Read my post below... that's how.
It is a front lower spoiler. Not an ST lip. Lets get the terminology correct please.
Each to their own. There is no “correct” terminology some people call it a lip or a splitter some people call it a spoiler. In my opinion an actual spoiler raises the downward force on the back of the car increasing both traction and braking ability. where as a front lip/splitter in this instance is just for aesthetics.
Ford's actual description - Initial release dated 24th September 2020. I quote
"A Ford Performance-embossed splitter is integrated into the front bumper to increase front end downforce by almost 80 per cent for greater stability and traction. The large rear roof spoiler
also supports optimised aerodynamics, with a distinctive diffuser incorporated into the rear
bumper. Signature ST upper and lower grilles are designed to deliver increased engine cooling
capability."

Mattcrx

Post by Mattcrx »

So it’s a splitter then not a spoiler ;)
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Mattcrx wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:36 am So it’s a splitter then not a spoiler ;)
Yes spot on..I stand corrected. I am a private pilot so I should know what a spoiler is...LOL.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rays1 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:51 pm
Mattcrx wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:36 am So it’s a splitter then not a spoiler ;)
Yes spot on..I stand corrected. I am a private pilot so I should know what a spoiler is...LOL.
Of course you should, it's when someone tells you the end of the film before you watch it.... :(
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
indigorider

Post by indigorider »

Mattcrx wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:46 pm

Been searching the webs and ford sites but no luck. Cant we just go to a certified seller and request the part?

Also is there anything more holding in place the lip other than the ribets? Like M3 adhesive?

But nevertheless there are some after market lips available for the puma, not so stylish but maybe will do the mechanical effect rite xD
Have you not seen my how to guide above?
Just saw this now, so you called your parts representative and gave them the part number?

Ill try that, in the mean time, November its time for my first revision so i am gonna wait and ask around.

Thanks for the reply :)
ST-Line X | Desert Blue | 155 hp | 2020
Mattcrx

Post by Mattcrx »

indigorider wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:35 pm
Mattcrx wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:46 pm

Have you not seen my how to guide above?
Just saw this now, so you called your parts representative and gave them the part number?

Ill try that, in the mean time, November its time for my first revision so i am gonna wait and ask around.

Thanks for the reply :)
Call your local ford parts department and they will get it for you.
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

Following advice from the posts that suggested providing the local Ford dealer with an ST registration number (plenty available on uTube reviews), I’ve now got a lip arriving tomorrow (£169). Thanks to all, especially Mattcrx for the info.
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

Sorry Rays1, I meant ‘splitter’, not ‘lip’!
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

For Mattcrx - just offered up the splitter to the car for a first look. Presumably yours had 5 locating studs along the rear edge of the splitter. These either need cutting off or holes drilled in the bumper to accommodate them to enable the splitter to sit flat on the bumper. As they only help to locate the splitter and offer no means of adding strength, I’m in favour of cutting them off. You never mentioned this in your post, so what did you do?
Mattcrx

Post by Mattcrx »

SSCosRS wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:03 pm For Mattcrx - just offered up the splitter to the car for a first look. Presumably yours had 5 locating studs along the rear edge of the splitter. These either need cutting off or holes drilled in the bumper to accommodate them to enable the splitter to sit flat on the bumper. As they only help to locate the splitter and offer no means of adding strength, I’m in favour of cutting them off. You never mentioned this in your post, so what did you do?

Correct! Easiest way is to cut them off as in reality they are not needed however I did drill holes to locate them