Ford Performance ST lip retro fit - DONE!

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Mattcrx

Post by Mattcrx »

Hey guys!

I dont know if this has been covered but for anyone who is interested I fitted the Ford Performance ST lip to my 20 Plate ST Line X which only took 10 minutes.

It’s meant to be fitted with pop rivets however I installed it with panel trim clips instead incase I ever wanted to remove it. These can be purchased anywhere from Amazon, eBay or Halfords.

Great little mod which is very easy to do. You do need to drill 17x 8/8.5mm holes in the under side of the bumper to allow for the fixings. (These holes won’t be seen if you ever decide to remove it)

Iv listed the part numbers below with the ford diagram.

Part numbers;
Lip - 17D957B
Pop rivets - HM2

3187670C-588E-4FBD-92DF-A6D539F76F93.jpeg

25AB5F42-A2D1-4742-87EA-053868BE4FC1.jpeg

84A40281-66CC-45A8-BF87-803C889EBF06.jpeg

2CC7D391-3E6C-445B-B20D-336842116273.jpeg

6BB3C3C4-8FD5-4BEC-8B57-0802A83E86D8.jpeg

sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Well done Mattcrx - Cracking article and very informative, (I like pictures) :D
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Mattcrx

Post by Mattcrx »

sinlessUK wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:52 am Well done Mattcrx - Cracking article and very informative, (I like pictures) :D
I was going to do a full step by step guide with pictures however I got abit excited on the installation and forgot :lol:
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

I’ve been trying to source an ST bumper lip using the various Finis code and part numbers listed in a couple of the forum’s posts. I’ve got absolutely nowhere and am out of ideas as to how to get good part numbers that will allow me to order the part. Any help in obtaining the correct info would be gratefully received!
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Trouble is if you can't quote an actual ST at the parts dept then they will struggle to find a suitable Fin number for you. I suggest you pick an ST (maybe a used one sitting at a dealership or even a mates car) and one around the same year as yours. Take note of the registration plate and ask your dealership for a replacement front lower spoiler for that car. Then wait an see what he finds.
Problem with Fin numbers they have a tendency to change year on year when and if the part is revised in some way be it very minor. I guarantee they will find the part your looking for using this method.
indigorider

Post by indigorider »

How do you got a hold on an st lip?

Been searching the webs and ford sites but no luck. Cant we just go to a certified seller and request the part?

Also is there anything more holding in place the lip other than the ribets? Like M3 adhesive?

But nevertheless there are some after market lips available for the puma, not so stylish but maybe will do the mechanical effect rite xD
ST-Line X | Desert Blue | 155 hp | 2020
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

indigorider wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:15 pm How do you got a hold on an st lip?

Been searching the webs and ford sites but no luck. Cant we just go to a certified seller and request the part?

Also is there anything more holding in place the lip other than the ribets? Like M3 adhesive?

But nevertheless there are some after market lips available for the puma, not so stylish but maybe will do the mechanical effect rite xD
Read my post below... that's how.
It is a front lower spoiler. Not an ST lip. Lets get the terminology correct please.
Mattcrx

Post by Mattcrx »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:07 pm Trouble is if you can't quote an actual ST at the parts dept then they will struggle to find a suitable Fin number for you. I suggest you pick an ST (maybe a used one sitting at a dealership or even a mates car) and one around the same year as yours. Take note of the registration plate and ask your dealership for a replacement front lower spoiler for that car. Then wait an see what he finds.
Problem with Fin numbers they have a tendency to change year on year when and if the part is revised in some way be it very minor. I guarantee they will find the part your looking for using this method.
All you have to do is phone the ford parts either with a reg of an ST making sure that car had the lip installed and explain what part you want (I have supplied the part number in the drawing)
) and they find it pretty easily just like you said. That’s exactly what I did.
Last edited by Mattcrx on Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mattcrx

Post by Mattcrx »

Rays1 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:11 pm

Read my post below... that's how.
It is a front lower spoiler. Not an ST lip. Lets get the terminology correct please.
Each to their own. There is no “correct” terminology some people call it a lip or a splitter some people call it a spoiler. In my opinion an actual spoiler raises the downward force on the back of the car increasing both traction and braking ability. where as a front lip/splitter in this instance is just for aesthetics.
Last edited by Mattcrx on Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattcrx

Post by Mattcrx »

Have you not seen my how to guide above?