Wobbly front number plate

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

I went for the Performance Ford plate holders to ensure a good fit and I've had no issues at all.

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

My number plate saga is now at an end but not satisfactorily so. After contacting Allen Ford this is their reply. I have checked with the PDI Centre Manager and can confirm that there is nothing behind the position of the rear number plate that would be affected by a mis-positioned number plate screw. I asked why they don’t use the indicated positions on the rear tailgate and have been told that exactly that, suggested positions and don’t necessarily have to be used.

If you want to send me the receipt for the number plates you had made I will gladly refund the cost.My reply:Hello, a somewhat indifferent response from your PDI manager. That's a bodge job and you know it. No mention of all the other items I listed. Attached is a copy of the number plates invoice.
The dealer: I don’t disagree but I think if you look around, rightly or wrongly 90% of number plates on Puma, won’t be fixed in the suggested position. Me: I
wonder if he's applying the same logic to the misaligned and paint chipped passenger door. I guess this discussion is over. Look forward to receiving the refund. Regards. Normally I would not let this go but it's a 400 mile round trip so I have no practical choice but to leave it at that.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Rizmo wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:00 pm Removed the rear number plate and found this. Cowboy comes to mind. I take it the 2 circular areas should have been used to fit the plate. I'm not happy but the dealer is 200 miles away so will sort myself.IMG20220309132039.jpg
No matter how far away they were I would be on the phone and then straight onto Ford also.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )