Shark Fin mod for St Lines - PaintModz

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
HealersSandon

Post by HealersSandon »

Hi all, just did a quick search to make sure this topic hasn’t come up before but let me know if I’ve just missed it!

As I’ve bought just the standard St Line which doesn’t have a shark fin aerial, I came across these https://paintmodz.co.uk/products/new-m ... 8249688107

Just wondering if anyone has used them before and if they’re any good? Car’s in grey matter so I’m hoping the light grey colour they have on there would match..

Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Looks good, no Grey Matter on the selection though, maybe that's the one that comes ready to paint.. I just said it before someone else did ;)
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Spoonface wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:32 am Looks good, no Grey Matter on the selection though, maybe that's the one that comes ready to paint.. I just said it before someone else did ;)
Ooo... cruel ;) Yes, Grey Matter looks great on the Puma, but..... whenever I saw a grey car my head said... "primer". :o
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

The stuff on their site all looks pretty naff and tacky to me…..like someone has been let loose with some spare spray cans from Halfords.

Not for me, but each to their own.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Found a Focus forum earlier saying they are just the cheap ones from eBay but sprayed to manufacturer colour. Also some questions around dab reception not being as good.

Did see someone say about getting the fin for the Ford Edge and fitting that.. not sure if that would work with the Puma aswell
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Spoonface wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:32 pm Found a Focus forum earlier saying they are just the cheap ones from eBay but sprayed to manufacturer colour. Also some questions around dab reception not being as good.

Did see someone say about getting the fin for the Ford Edge and fitting that.. not sure if that would work with the Puma aswell
The radio aerial is built into the rear window AFAIK, the one on the roof is the GPS aerial, so DAB shouldn't be affected.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:45 pm
Spoonface wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:32 pm Found a Focus forum earlier saying they are just the cheap ones from eBay but sprayed to manufacturer colour. Also some questions around dab reception not being as good.

The radio aerial is built into the rear window AFAIK, the one on the roof is the GPS aerial, so DAB shouldn't be affected.
If that’s the case then surely it’s pointless buying an aerial to replace a GPS receiver.

I know the shark fins on the Pumas are for the GPS but didn’t realise the models without shark fins had GPS through the roof aerial.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:33 pm
Sparks wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:45 pm

If that’s the case then surely it’s pointless buying an aerial to replace a GPS receiver.

I know the shark fins on the Pumas are for the GPS but didn’t realise the models without shark fins had GPS through the roof aerial.
Good point....We need to know for sure, don't want to give dodgy info...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Maybe if those with aerials check their back window for indication of a window aerial we might find out sooner?

Just a thought.

I guess those that have Sat nav or a connected car will have a GPS receiver somewhere.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
TallPaulXX

Post by TallPaulXX »

Hi just bought my Puma ST-Line in Grey Matter and was wondering if anyone has found a solution about this? Would like to get rid of the black ariel from roof, Cheers
Ford Puma ST-line Grey Matter