Lights or lack of them

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Don't think the headlight bulbs are an easy swap. Maybe check on YouTube.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

AllanI

Post by AllanI »

The main beam headlights on my recently acquired ST Line X are dire. First time driving in the dark tonight and it’s as though main beam might as well not be there. They are yellow tinged and do not throw over a good distance. Height setting is on zero. If you think these lights are acceptable you haven’t driven behind LEDs. Anyone got alternative bulbs fitted ?
ST Line X
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

AllanI wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:34 pm The main beam headlights on my recently acquired ST Line X are dire. First time driving in the dark tonight and it’s as though main beam might as well not be there. They are yellow tinged and do not throw over a good distance. Height setting is on zero. If you think these lights are acceptable you haven’t driven behind LEDs. Anyone got alternative bulbs fitted ?
I take it that's the standard projection headlamps? I have the fixed LED's with auto levelling, which, as you say, are far better. That said they should be, last time I looked they are now a £700ish option.
I can't find it right now, but, I'm sure there was some discussion about aftermarket LED bulbs. somewhere on here.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

AllanI wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:34 pm The main beam headlights on my recently acquired ST Line X are dire. First time driving in the dark tonight and it’s as though main beam might as well not be there. They are yellow tinged and do not throw over a good distance. Height setting is on zero. If you think these lights are acceptable you haven’t driven behind LEDs. Anyone got alternative bulbs fitted ?
I drove back from Malton last night in pitch black and never had a problem. Full beams are fine for me. Dips are LED. Maybe I’m just good in the dark 🤔
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Just like to add my ha'peth to the comments re main beam being ineffective. I'm assuming it lights the road up ahead but I don't see much evicence of that. Basic Titanium mild hybrid.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

mirrormask wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:00 am Just like to add my ha'peth to the comments re main beam being ineffective. I'm assuming it lights the road up ahead but I don't see much evicence of that. Basic Titanium mild hybrid.

Try leaving them on when a car is coming towards you 😏
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Mikibg

Post by Mikibg »

Did anyone changed light bulb on high beam ( H1) and converted from halogen to led one? Plug & play for example

Screenshot_20220404-194445.png

Screenshot_20220404-194543.png

Screenshot_20220404-194612.png

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

For those in the 🇬🇧 who weren’t aware. Something to consider.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... onversions
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Mikibg

Post by Mikibg »

When we change bulb, we have to remove headlight, I know that of course...
So we don't need to remove bumper??
As on other Ford models you don t need to do that😁😉Thanks
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

First time out in the dark in my ST and have to say the lights are pretty dam good, but guessing they are full LED array?
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)