Seatbelt Adjustment

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Madhone

Post by Madhone »

Can't remember the last car I had without seatbelt adjustment... wtf. Anyone got any ideas, as the bloody thing is proper uncomfortable... 🙄

Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

My wife had a problem with the Puma seat belt, it rode too high across her shoulder, rubbing her neck. I suggested she stayed out of my car... that didn't go down too well :shock:

So, I ordered as below, and it solved the problem.....

Newseego Seat Belt Adjuster, Comfort Universal Shoulder Neck Strap Positioner, Belt Strap Safety Shoulder, Neck Universal Comfort Positioner Locking Clips, Vehicle Car Seat Belt Safety Covers - Black
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Tommo56 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:42 pm My wife had a problem with the Puma seat belt, it rode too high across her shoulder, rubbing her neck. I suggested she stayed out of my car... that didn't go down too well :shock:

So, I ordered as below, and it solved the problem.....

Newseego Seat Belt Adjuster, Comfort Universal Shoulder Neck Strap Positioner, Belt Strap Safety Shoulder, Neck Universal Comfort Positioner Locking Clips, Vehicle Car Seat Belt Safety Covers - Black
Hmmm not so sure about those? Correct me if I am wrong here but they simply extend the length of the belt for the wearer. Which in all honesty means the belt isn't fitted in a safe way.
During an accident as I see it the adjuster would fail and likely spring open allowing for belt to have a degree of slack, which is not a condition I would recommend having during any accident.
Unless a seat belt modification is fully tested and approved by the vehicles manufacturer I would and I am sorry to say this, you should keep well clear of any after market gadget.
Last edited by Rays1 on Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Does she use the same seat adjustments? Best to try and adjust the seat to get a decent fit if it's hurting her neck.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Dobby, loads of seat belt adjusters on Amazon and Ebay.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Guy's I suggest you consider the following before you purchase an after market seat belt adjuster.

"Unless a seat belt adjuster bears an ECE R44 label, it is only adequate for comfort purposes, and is not suitable for maintaining safety."

I say steer clear unless fully approved.