Interior LED's

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
S9TVB

Post by S9TVB »

Hi All,
Want to upgrade the interior lights to LEDs.
Roof / map lights, footwear lights etc.
Anyone upgraded and recommend where to buy etc?
Cheers
Steve
2022 (72) PUMA ST AGATE BLACK

D6VEB.

Post by D6VEB. »

Hi. I have upgraded the vanity light mirrors to 4 LED's. They are very impressive.
Hi intensity LED'S fitted to the reverse lights. This is best must do mod at least, if you do any. Reasonably easy to do/check hand book. They are tight on one lug each.
Sequential indicators both n/s and o/s obviously. Again this is a great mod reasonably priced but go to a better website like Autobeam or similar. Expect to pay £50 for a decent set.
Just installed Autobeam LED rear boot light. Additional to the factory unit. Fitted it next to the rear auxiliary power plug. So it faces the existing one. It fits beautifully but you have to have a little courage cutting out a none existent hole where it is to be fitted. l used 1 mill drill then Stanley knife to make the hole. The wire connectors were brand new "T" connector and the wires run down towards the rear sill under it taped to stop it moving and up through the other side.
At night time I have had to stop helicopters landing thinking its a landing light!
Playing with Auto lock on a forscan connection, soon and a proper ST logo at start up/shut down and then I think that will do.
Dave B.
Deleted User 624

Post by Deleted User 624 »

Where did you get the LED units for the interior lamps? I have also done the backup lights, took me some time on the first side to pull lamp unit out!
D6VEB.

Post by D6VEB. »

It was an Autobeam led unit. Little pricey but worth every penny. You can get cheaper ones but take care, some rubbish is out there.
Just needed a little courage cutting away at the brand new boot fixing.
The unit clips down just take care with the fittings. The wire runs from the existing light, down and under the rear valance, inside obviously, up the other side, but its hidden nicely.
Good luck. They should come with these fitted as standard.
D6VEB. :roll:
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Maybe a daft question but why did you feel the need to upgrade the reversing light? Could it be that you have no rear view camera?
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
D6VEB.

Post by D6VEB. »

Hi. Brighter reversing lights to help all around, oncoming drivers are made aware sooner due to their brightness. It also helps reversing onto my driveway as I have bushes on the nearside it allows me to line up better. Plus it looks great with a bright white light. Motor manufacturers will eventually fit these units. Its a cost prohibition at the moment. The bulbs last longer and are more environmentally friendly, I'm told!
Yes I do have a camera as well as everything else on my Puma. Dessert Island Blue, too. (and I mean everything, brag brag)
Now with ST Ford Performance splash screen, auto lock enabled. Forscan.
Third brake light mod in the offing. I'll update when done.
D6VEB
stevek1909

Post by stevek1909 »

D6VEB. wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:58 am Hi. Brighter reversing lights to help all around, oncoming drivers are made aware sooner due to their brightness. It also helps reversing onto my driveway as I have bushes on the nearside it allows me to line up better. Plus it looks great with a bright white light. Motor manufacturers will eventually fit these units. Its a cost prohibition at the moment. The bulbs last longer and are more environmentally friendly, I'm told!
Yes I do have a camera as well as everything else on my Puma. Dessert Island Blue, too. (and I mean everything, brag brag)
Now with ST Ford Performance splash screen, auto lock enabled. Forscan.
Third brake light mod in the offing. I'll update when done.
D6VEB
Now with ST Ford Performance splash...
How did you manage that I tried it but reverts back to the normal Ford Logo on restart.
Ford Puma ST2 Gold Edition ...Agate Black/Build Date 14.2.2022
D6VEB.

Post by D6VEB. »

Will have to use Forscan to set the system to read this splash logo on start up and stop.
Its very user friendly but have to have a little faith to write to the system. Set auto lock too with it.
Have a read up on it from this forum and Forscans own.
D6VEB.
stevek1909

Post by stevek1909 »

Thank you.. 👍🏻
Ford Puma ST2 Gold Edition ...Agate Black/Build Date 14.2.2022
D6VEB.

Post by D6VEB. »

Hi. Still playing with Forscan here. It really is a valuable item and tool to have at our disposal.
Well done Forscan for providing such a wonderful user friendly software.
Just to add a little more, Set the Bang and Olufsen surround sound setting using the Forscan software. It really does make a difference.
The fader should be set just behind the front seats and then that wonderful surround sound works perfectly. For me anyhow.
Each to their own taste just have a try.