Field service action

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

This software update system is a mess. Ford need to up their game.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

paulv

Post by paulv »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:15 pm
paulv wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:38 pm mmmm - I had an e-call alert flash up a couple of days ago, but it had disappeared before I had time to
a) read it properly
b) panic
Is there any way of finding out if I'm one of the 'lucky' ones?
I’ve had the e-call malfunction warning appear a number of times in a cellular dead spot near home. Maybe the cause of yours (especially if it was only once and fleeting)?
it was actually while i was coming off my drive, but maybe something to do with flaky signals at the time yes
I just wanted to be a 'lucky one' :)

I worked in IT for nearly 40 years (punch cards, proper floppy disks etc) - enough to know most software updates are a bugger to install, but for some sadomasochistic reason we just have to do it, even when theres no real benefit... I suppose its the feeling of satisfaction like nothing else when you finally upgrade microsoft windows using 26 (hard) floppy disks, which has failed on disk 23 3 times previously, taking up 5 and a half hours of your time.

partly why I would like the ford garage to do it, and possibly partly why they seem a little reluctant to?

i do go on a bit dont i? sorry

to understand references to disks etc you may need to use some history books :) - or I hear that new fangled google is ok
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

paulv wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:17 pm
DesertIslandBlue wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:15 pm
paulv wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:38 pm mmmm - I had an e-call alert flash up a couple of days ago, but it had disappeared before I had time to
a) read it properly
b) panic
Is there any way of finding out if I'm one of the 'lucky' ones?
I’ve had the e-call malfunction warning appear a number of times in a cellular dead spot near home. Maybe the cause of yours (especially if it was only once and fleeting)?
it was actually while i was coming off my drive, but maybe something to do with flaky signals at the time yes
I just wanted to be a 'lucky one' :)

I worked in IT for nearly 40 years (punch cards, proper floppy disks etc) - enough to know most software updates are a bugger to install, but for some sadomasochistic reason we just have to do it, even when theres no real benefit... I suppose its the feeling of satisfaction like nothing else when you finally upgrade microsoft windows using 26 (hard) floppy disks, which has failed on disk 23 3 times previously, taking up 5 and a half hours of your time.

partly why I would like the ford garage to do it, and possibly partly why they seem a little reluctant to?

i do go on a bit dont i? sorry

to understand references to disks etc you may need to use some history books :) - or I hear that new fangled google is ok
Floppy disks....... ahhh I remember those! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

What about punched paper tape? Did my 1st programming on a paper tape terminal
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Having looked at ford pass today for the first time in ages. I can see this recall notice has gone.

Car hasn't been to dealers for a fix so I can only assume it's updated OTA.