Extended warranty

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

I love my puma I love the drive experience the car shape everything about it really but what is niggling me is after the warranty expires with the car being somewhat complex would an extension to my warranty be the best way to go as I intend to hang on to car for another 2 years .my question is do I have to extend before the car is 1 year old (2) how much is an extension to my warranty (3) what does the warranty cover. I would be interested in what other members thoughts and opinions are
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

All the details you need are on the Ford website.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Bluebrazil wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:39 am I love my puma I love the drive experience the car shape everything about it really but what is niggling me is after the warranty expires with the car being somewhat complex would an extension to my warranty be the best way to go as I intend to hang on to car for another 2 years .my question is do I have to extend before the car is 1 year old (2) how much is an extension to my warranty (3) what does the warranty cover. I would be interested in what other members thoughts and opinions are
I would save the money and the hassle and trade into the facelift Puma when the time comes. By then the Puma should have evolved some more. Perhaps even full hybrid.
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

A Ford new car extended warranty has to be purchased by the date of registration, if that’s the one you mean
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Oh I see I thought it was one year from registration
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Bluebrazil wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:33 pm Oh I see I thought it was one year from registration

That is for Service and Maintenance Plans.

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/service-an ... pair/plans
Mike

Post by Mike »

You could take a warranty out with another company when the time comes
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Yes I know but the question is.... What does the warranty cover I have to weigh up the cost over what the warranty covers I wonder why some warrantys covers a 7 and 5 year period and ford only offer 3 I think that would have to be a major consideration when deciding on my next car especially when cars are more complex
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Bluebrazil wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:25 pm Yes I know but the question is.... What does the warranty cover I have to weigh up the cost over what the warranty covers I wonder why some warrantys covers a 7 and 5 year period and ford only offer 3 I think that would have to be a major consideration when deciding on my next car especially when cars are more complex
Same car in Australia has a 5 year warranty....I guess while Ford can still sell cars without competing with the longer warranties it will.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Bluebrazil wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:25 pm Yes I know but the question is.... What does the warranty cover I have to weigh up the cost over what the warranty covers I wonder why some warrantys covers a 7 and 5 year period and ford only offer 3 I think that would have to be a major consideration when deciding on my next car especially when cars are more complex
depends what the 7 year wrty covers, it might be 3 years everything then the rest of the time certain items as long as the service records are spot on, and also if a failure can be attributed to fair wear and tear that will be their get out.
I guess they also reckon most people who buy a new car tend to only keep them 3 yrs on average
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )