Map update: aborted and now can't restart

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Hi everyone 👋🏼

I've been putting off the most recent mahoosiz map update for a while but plucked up the courage last week to give it a go.

After sitting in the car for well over an hour (the initial message said it may take "up to an hour"), with it showing the update progressing, I didn't know if it was just stuck and, you know, I think we all have better things to do with our lives. So I stopped it.

Needless to say, that turned out to be a bad idea...

IMG_0252.png

So, I've just been out to try it again. I insert my USB key and it comes up to say it's installing the update... for a couple of minutes before the message goes. Then nothing. And it's not complete, as there's no confirmation file on the USB key (btw, same key I recently did the SYNC update with, so I know that's all good).

I feel that something is preventing it from restarting - does anybody know a way to do this? And that error message is getting annoying as it appears everytime I start the car now.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155PS (+factory fit extras) in Fantastic Red

robgee

Post by robgee »

For Map updates you get no confirmation file.

It might be the download has got corrupted can you try and re-download the files ?

You can also try a Master reset of the SYNC system from the sync settings

or try Press the Volume / Power knob and the "next track" button at the same time for 5 seconds. The SYNC unit will power down and restart
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Iainrr55

Post by Iainrr55 »

I think this error means the autoinstall.lst file on the usb is messed up and the update can't find a file. If you haven't already, format usb and recreate for map update. Was it F10 maps you were trying to install?
Titanium First Edition 125 -> 155 mhev
----- Lucid Red ------
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Just wanted to give an update on this... I re-installed the maps (I had the original zip file so didn't reload but just re-extracted and added it back onto the USB key) and after a little over an hour it worked... no more errors.

The Ford site is still insisting I need to upload a confirmation file, though, which isn't present on the USB. Is there a solution to this?
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

You can use the interrogator download available from the help section of same page. This will create a log file for you.
Was it the 8gb download you did ??
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Stevep999 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:36 pm Was it the 8gb download you did ??
It was, yes.
Stevep999 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:36 pm You can use the interrogator download available from the help section of same page. This will create a log file for you.
I'm not sure where that is. I'm stuck at this page - https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... tions/map/.

Can you point me to it?
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

dartiss wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:34 pm
Stevep999 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:36 pm Was it the 8gb download you did ??
It was, yes.
Stevep999 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:36 pm You can use the interrogator download available from the help section of same page. This will create a log file for you.
I'm not sure where that is. I'm stuck at this page - https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... tions/map/.

Can you point me to it?
Click on troubleshooting at bottom of page, expands to show the download
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

:TIL:

Brilliant. Thank you Steve.
Sagalout

Post by Sagalout »

Nightmare! I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but the map update on my EcoSport has beaten me. Its overly long winded, overly complicated and why do you have to keep the engine running for the length of the update.
My Garmin satnav is just as functional as the Ford effort, all I do is connect to the internet and away it goes, all done.
As I'm waiting for my Puma, I've given up, the next owner can try to update the maps!!!
Puma ST-Line, 155ps, Agate Black, Parking pack, Rear privacy glass, Diamondbrite Premium pack.
Ordered 28th January 2022
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Sagalout, which map update are you referring to. Also what's the file size.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.