Info on Fixed dss led headlamp required

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
rich63

Post by rich63 »

So are these the light you get on ST LINE x First edition + ?
LED headlights
Efficient and long-lasting LED headlights produce a bright natural light with a very precise pattern. They also sense when it is dark.
(Option on all series)

Auto high beam detects oncoming vehicles and will automatically dip your beams for you. Available as standard on all series in conjunction with Lane-Keeping Aid (part of Lane-Keeping System)
ST Line X FE+
Comfort Pack
Lucid Red

gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

rich63 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:39 pm So are these the light you get on ST LINE x First edition + ?
LED headlights
Efficient and long-lasting LED headlights produce a bright natural light with a very precise pattern. They also sense when it is dark.
(Option on all series)

Auto high beam detects oncoming vehicles and will automatically dip your beams for you. Available as standard on all series in conjunction with Lane-Keeping Aid (part of Lane-Keeping System)
Yes they are 👍
Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)
Purplepowerpete

Post by Purplepowerpete »

Can someone clear up a question I have, I’m awaiting delivery of my STLine X First edition + but I’m confused what headlights it will have?

Are they Projector Headlamps with LED Day Time Running Lights or Fixed LED Headlamps. Which ones are better?
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Rob wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:28 pm I believe the DSS LED headlamps are Ford's adaptive / dynamic ones?
That is what i think too , i have them on my Puma works great
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

At least in Finland the standard lights in Puma (Titanium, titanium-x, ST-line, st-line-x) are partially LED. The ones that aren't LED are: high beam and front blinkers (front turn signal lights).

I'm not sure about the fog lights though.

If I'd buy the LED package all front lights would be LED and it would include automatic height adjustment. But the LEDs wouldn't be adaptive. We don't even have the vignale version available so don't know if that has the adaptive kind LEDs.

I highly doubt that any other Titanium or ST-line versions in other countries would have true adaptive led lights. I think the ones that are in Puma are the basic ones without adaptive behaviour. The automatic high beam is available though.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Fixed LEDs are fitted to UK spec Pumas as standard on the first edition models. Or as an extra option purchase on other models. May be vignale will have an adaptive set, but I wouldn't bet on it.

We do not seem to have adaptive lights in offer (UK)

Front fogs are LEDs too.

Ford are a bit tight with lighting. Fixed LEDs are fitted as standard by a lot more manufacturers now.
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

Btw, as far as I know the full led package for Puma comes with non projector headlights (refletctor). In my experience the leds with reflector lenses will then have worse spotlight than the projector ones.

The model with partial led-lamps and manual height adjustment has projector lens at least in the dipped beam which is with led-bulb. The high beam looks to be reflector version regardless of if its led or halogen.

Full LED-package:
dipped beam: reflector LED
high beam: reflector LED
front blinkers: LED
daytime running lights: LED

Partial LED:
dipped beam: projector LED
high beam: reflector halogen
front blinkers: halogen
daytime running lights: LED with a different pattern than in full led-package
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »