Info on Fixed dss led headlamp required

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

So one of the options is fixed dss led headlamps for around £800 but I can't seem to find any info on what this actually is and the pros/cons against the normal led projector headlamps that are standard. Seems alot of money for an option pack with no info attached to it. Any help on this would be great. Thank you
Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I believe the DSS LED headlamps are Ford's adaptive / dynamic ones?
gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

More info, they are not adaptive but are led, standard lamps are not led. Adaptive will only be available on the vignale trim level later in the year. According to my local dealership
Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

gsd0475 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:20 am More info, they are not adaptive but are led, standard lamps are not led. Adaptive will only be available on the vignale trim level later in the year. According to my local dealership

Standard lamps are LED, if you download the HTML guide lists almost all bulbs as being LED.

As for what DSS fixed LEDs are, I spent 30 mins online chatting to Ford, they couldn’t answer, so I called the dealer, he couldn’t tell me either, but he is going to try and find out. What I do know is they’re all going on a briefing first week in Feb to learn about all the new stuff on the Puma and Kuga. So as soon as I’ve found out what exactly the £800 option is, I’ll let you know.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_ ... Market=GBR

Gavin
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Looking at the bulb list, lots of items are doubled, either filament or LED. I’m wondering if the full LED option means every bulb on the car is LED?
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
RedPuma

Post by RedPuma »

My brochure seems to indicate it's an option.

20200201_172220.jpg

Race Red 155 ST-Line X First Edition +
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

RedPuma wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:24 pm My brochure seems to indicate it's an option.
Yes, an £800 option, but what exactly do you get? I’ve posed this question to my dealership, hopefully after this week I’ll get a definitive answer. I suspect it means all bulbs are LED as the online Puma manual suggests two bulb variants.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Not convinced about the answer I received. But apparently they’re adaptive headlights, plus all other bulbs are LED whilst some are halogen on standard headlamps.

Will have to wait two weeks until I pick mine up.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

Does the Puma on the standard headlights have automatic headlights?
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

LED headlights
Efficient and long-lasting LED headlights produce a bright natural light with a very precise pattern. They also sense when it is dark.
(Option on all series)

Auto high beam detects oncoming vehicles and will automatically dip your beams for you. Available as standard on all series in conjunction with Lane-Keeping Aid (part of Lane-Keeping System)
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic