Deleted

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Leaky5

Post by Leaky5 »

Deleted

KAR

Post by KAR »

Estimates vary, but it is generally acknowledged that E10 will increase consumption by 3-4% (Government says around 1%), so 30mpg goes down to around 29mpg. Cars that cannot handle 10% ethanol, can switch to E5 "Super", which will have a maximum of 5%. It's probably worth comparing a full tank of E10 v E5 "Super", to see what difference you see. Then you will have the figures for consumption v price per litre.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Been looking around online but I can't find anything re performance issues with E10.
It's generally accepted that E10 will affect the economy of each and every car on the road.
Which I guess given that E5 Superplus 97Ron is more expensive then I agree as mentioned below that the price gap differential may prove to be less than it looks on paper.
However what of performance and does anyone know if E10 is detrimental?
Weighing up the pros and cons and as an already advid user of Superplus fuel I am beginning to think more people may switch later in the year and pay the extra when they realise they are now not as worse off than first thought with E5 97Ron. Plus receiving the additional bonus of an improvement in engine protection.
Notwithstanding I would like to bet come September there will be thoundsands of motorists who will never notice that anything has changed.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I think most production cars have been made ready for E10 for sometime. I have wondered if I've been filling my car with E10 and have not been aware.

There's not that many refineries in the UK so they're all brewing for each other

I ran the ST on momentum and my Puma has been mostly on JET which is nearest to me.

I would expect the litre price of E5 to increase as it's produced in smaller volumes.

What's happening to diesel?

The only people I can see being affected are hypermilers who are mpg focused and performance drivers who are bhp focused.

It'll take a few tank cycles for your ecu to learn just like switching between 95, 97 or 99.

I'm betting the middle of the road motorist will not know any different.