Map update

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Well that’s several hours of my life I’ll never get back.

All done but not without issues (and 5 hours of my time with the engine running)

In short, it took 2.5 hours twice. The first time around it didn’t write the log. I had hoped that by putting the USB back in and starting the process again it would recognise it had been updated and generate the log file, but oh no.......it went through the process of doing the whole thing again.

Unless future updates offer something amazing or can be done OTA, I may well not bother....it’s not as if this or the SYNC updates provide safety or security updates relating to the driving aids or systems.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

robgee

Post by robgee »

MAP updates never seem to produce a log on updates (well i have never managed to get them to produce it) The last update i had (F9) took about 1 hour and then the ford account page said mine was all upto date after a couple of days with no log uploaded. I guess it might update if you connect to wifi and do a software check.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

NeilS wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:25 pm Well that’s several hours of my life I’ll never get back.

All done but not without issues (and 5 hours of my time with the engine running)

In short, it took 2.5 hours twice. The first time around it didn’t write the log. I had hoped that by putting the USB back in and starting the process again it would recognise it had been updated and generate the log file, but oh no.......it went through the process of doing the whole thing again.

Unless future updates offer something amazing or can be done OTA, I may well not bother....it’s not as if this or the SYNC updates provide safety or security updates relating to the driving aids or systems.
What's updated Neil ? Was that the 8gb update file
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

robgee wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:19 pm MAP updates never seem to produce a log on updates (well i have never managed to get them to produce it) The last update i had (F9) took about 1 hour and then the ford account page said mine was all upto date after a couple of days with no log uploaded. I guess it might update if you connect to wifi and do a software check.
If only I’d known 😱

I got the log file second time around and was in the syncmyride folder. I uploaded the log on the Ford website as I did with the SYNC.

The car and the website are now saying I’m all up to date.
Stevep999 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:20 pm What's updated Neil ? Was that the 8gb update file
Maps F8 to F9. I think it was just over 8gb.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,