DAB logos

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Mike

Post by Mike »

Going to pick my spare wheel up on Saturday so going to ask if I can book it in one Saturday morning , if they say they need it for a full day I will wait til it goes in for something else.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )

paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Stevep999 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:38 pm There's a download available for you to do it yourself
You mean of fixes and issues? I did try and find it, so have you got a link please Steve?
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

PM me and I'll send you link
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Stevep999 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:17 pm PM me and I'll send you link
Thanks Steve, what you sent was a link to a *.gz (archive file) which unzipped to a *.tar (UNIX archive file). This (mainly) contained DAB station logos.

Is this what you intended? Just to repeat, all I want is a list of what issues this latest update addressed, and what known issues there are with it.

Does anyone have anything on that please?
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

oh sorryPaul, misunderstood. AIUI the last 8.3 gb map download were actually a voice files, no maps, and messed up the DAB logos. There was a new offering which was the original files with the DAB logos also included.
Again AIUI Ford don't release any notes as to what any of the updates are for and traditionally are new smooth ! ! !
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Mike

Post by Mike »

Asked the dealer yesterday and they don’t know what is in the updates apparently?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I've blanked all the updates from my mind as being irrelevant (for the sake of sanity). Sync 3 is at end of life, next car will have Sync 4, if I choose Ford again. As that will all be all OTA updates the problems will go away (replaced by others no doubt!).
It will also have wireless android auto, which will probably make whatever sync available redundant. I already use AA more than Sync 3, Popping the lead onto the phone is fast becoming second nature. Once wireless it will be a no brainer for most. The screen also looks far better than the Sync offerings. :)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

⬆️👍agreed.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Just had a call again from Ford and told not to book my car in to have the DAB logo issue fixed, they are hoping to send out an update in approx 4 weeks time to owners to download themselves . Forthose who are interested..
Britton

Post by Britton »

Just had a big update and the logos are the same!
155 ST-Line X Vignale