Sync 3 update offered today

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

tonyt2021 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:11 pm
PaulD wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:47 pm Macbook Pro 15,4 inch 2019 ..... i only have to make a folder SyncmyRide and put the files in
Thanks. Maybe it’s an M1 thing

Next time will try it using built-in extractor again, and if that fails will try it on my iMac instead. Am determined to find out what’s going on
Only way I could get it to work was to create the SyncMyRide folder, put all the files in it and rename all the files by removing “SyncMyRide\” from the beginning.

Still no new Sync update for me, only another maps update.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic

Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Updated mine today.. download, unzipped and copied files onto a memory stick.
Run the update...no issues. Took around 15mins to complete.
To be honest can't see any difference.. although I did have to re set Android Auto on my phone.
Works fine.
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

I haven't been offered a map update, but not too bothered as I plan to use TomTom on CarPlay (If I ever get to drive anywhere!)
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

As I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing, I checked on the car today regarding updates.

Apparently it’s all up to date with maps F8.

I then checked online and it says my maps are up to date but there is a software update of over 800mb which needs downloading and installing via USB (does it matter if I use the one near the charge pad or the one in the arm rest?)

If I try this and it fails, what are the risks of messing up the whole thing? I’d rather leave it well alone than risk the sync system crashing like the old MS Windows days and being left with nothing.

I don’t have the little box graphics for DAB that others have so I’m guessing that’s part of the update too.

Any guidance or help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Neil

Sync updates go two ways, easy or pain in ass !!!!!! They seem to work easier if you have a PC and not Mac. The DAB logo update is an easy fix just read back through thread and it gives you details of files to download.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Having lost all the DAB radio Logos after 3.4.200351 I decided to have a go at updating them using the 1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ file provided by Stevep999. Quick and easy and now have the Logos although I had to modify a autoinstall.lst file as the link provided doesn't appear to work anymore. I only really needed one BBC Radio 2 for us old folk. :?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=875#p9525
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Cheers all,

I’ll give this a go over the weekend and will let you know how I get on (or scream for help)
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

NeilS wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:00 pm Cheers all,

I’ll give this a go over the weekend and will let you know how I get on (or scream for help)
The latest maps are "F9" It doesn't make any difference which USB port you use.
However it is very important that do not have any other device connected during the update process.
Switch your engine on first and then plug in your memory stick with the update files. Do not switch off your engine or remove the USB memory stick until the system confirms the software update has been completed. You can drive the vehicle during the update. As a precaution it is perhaps worth switching off engine stop / start during the update.

Only use a formatted FAT32 USB memory stick. For the software update (not maps) use a memory stick with at least 4Gb capacity and a memory stick that contains only the Sync3 software update files.
Last edited by Rays1 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Thanks Ray.

I’ll be sure to stick to your advice 👍🏻
robgee

Post by robgee »

Stil nothing from the official site , will give another week then i will give up waiting an go with 21020 which has been found :)
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)