Sync 3 update offered today

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

robgee wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:24 pm
Stevep999 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:58 pm Cool, so best to stay clear of the F10 maps at moment then ? I'm on 30351 so as upto date as possible I think keeping away from 21020 for time being.

Although I'm still confused, is the issue with cars that came with 3.4 hence the MY2020 or our ours that came with 3.3 still classed as MY20 ? ?
Yeah i would say so for now just do the Sync, I am not sure on the MY19 MY20 question, there has been some discussion over here https://discord.com/channels/1336410949 ... 7824366742 but havent had time to read and digest as of yet.
From more knowledgeable people than me

Go to diagnostic settings, then to apim settings

If you don't know how to enter diagnostic mode, press&hold both seek right buttons on the dash and on the steering wheel. It will start a speaker test, then it'll bring you to the diagnostic menu.
This is how to find the part numbers from to see if it's a MY19 or MY20

EG
ASSEMBLY PART = KU5T-14G371-GJA
HW PART NUMBER = GU5T-14G380-FE

First character defines age
M =2020, L = 2019, K = 2018, J = 2017
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

robgee

Post by robgee »

Looks like mine is a MY19 as I checked this morning
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Yours is L in front of assembly part? Same here
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
robgee

Post by robgee »

Yes

45EAD1D3-3C27-44EA-A62B-E2A6D6A68D57.jpeg

Mike

Post by Mike »

Got a notification to carry out sync 3 update, maps ok. Hopefully downloaded onto a usb and will try next time out in the car for a few miles.
Do any of you use a Mac, mine looks like it unzips the downloads when you click on them because it gives the option to compress them again?
Probably find out I have done it wrong
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Apparently its a sat nav voice update only, 8gb, according to guys at cyanlabs. Colleague tire today on hers and it failed, MEM_ERR003
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Mike wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:57 pm Got a notification to carry out sync 3 update, maps ok. Hopefully downloaded onto a usb and will try next time out in the car for a few miles.
Do any of you use a Mac, mine looks like it unzips the downloads when you click on them because it gives the option to compress them again?
To prevent auto unzipping you’d need to untick the auto open of safe files in safari preferences

But you need it extracted so probably doesn’t matter

The native extractor doesn’t maintain folder structure so when you copy the files to usb you’ll need to put the 4 gz files in a syncmyride folder and put the other 2 files in the root

The usb needs to be empty and formatted to exfat with mbr partitioning (via disk utility, making sure the usb stick is the selected drive) before copying the files to it

(Hope you have more luck with the native extraction than I did on my M1 Mac)
Iainrr55

Post by Iainrr55 »

From my searching looks like the issue with the F10 map update and MY20 cars is to do with drivers for the screens used on that build.
I'd say safest to wait until Ford sort this install rather than risk bricking Sync unit!!
Titanium First Edition 125 -> 155 mhev
----- Lucid Red ------
Mike

Post by Mike »

tonyt2021 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:39 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:57 pm Got a notification to carry out sync 3 update, maps ok. Hopefully downloaded onto a usb and will try next time out in the car for a few miles.
To prevent auto unzipping you’d need to untick the auto open of safe files in safari preferences

But you need it extracted so probably doesn’t matter

The native extractor doesn’t maintain folder structure so when you copy the files to usb you’ll need to put the 4 gz files in a syncmyride folder and put the other 2 files in the root

The usb needs to be empty and formatted to exfat with mbr partitioning (via disk utility, making sure the usb stick is the selected drive) before copying the files to it

(Hope you have more luck with the native extraction than I did on my M1 Mac)
Thanks, nothing like making it easy.
I formatted the usb in exFat, and copied files to it, looks like I need to try it again because the syncmyride has saved as 4 files.
Is it really worth doing ?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

The usb structure should look like this (syncmyride just being a folder)

CE9DC7F3-3091-426F-A128-49376E36A936.jpeg

Whether it’s worth it? Don’t know...