Paint defects

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

That's a good result so far. Keep at it. My issues are still a work in progress even though we had an agreement.... šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Looking again I think itā€™s a scratch. Unfortunately rear windows are not laminated like windscreens so cannot be repaired the same way.

One thing for sure - I havenā€™t scratched it. If I had then there would be paintwork damage too as it could only happen if I got some grit on my sponge. I wash the window and the hatch at the same time. I always hose down before as well to remove any loose grit/muck.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
manc

Post by manc »

Wdf76 wrote: ā†‘Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:10 pm The good gents at OMC Ford body shop had a look at my Puma yesterday. They were a bit perplexed as to how the paint could have been damaged that way.

Their opinion is that something has been spilt on the car. I certainly don't have chemicals that would do that sort of damage. Car has been with me from new apart from the 10 days it spent with the dealers having its sill mouldings painted and replaced.

Regardless of cause or fault they are going to put a paint claim in with Ford to see if it can be repainted under warranty. šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž
Hi What OMC was it? I bought mine from OMC Ford Oldham, I think there is a Rochdale an Accrington Branch, for us Northerners :D :lol:
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

That's unfortunate. Does it look as bad as the pic or just how the light reflects the scratch?
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

manc wrote: ā†‘Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:05 pm
Wdf76 wrote: ā†‘Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:10 pm The good gents at OMC Ford body shop had a look at my Puma yesterday. They were a bit perplexed as to how the paint could have been damaged that way.

Their opinion is that something has been spilt on the car. I certainly don't have chemicals that would do that sort of damage. Car has been with me from new apart from the 10 days it spent with the dealers having its sill mouldings painted and replaced.

Regardless of cause or fault they are going to put a paint claim in with Ford to see if it can be repainted under warranty. šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž
Hi What OMC was it? I bought mine from OMC Ford Oldham, I think there is a Rochdale an Accrington Branch, for us Northerners :D :lol:
Accy pal, although the body shop is at Oldham. I'm a southerner who saw the light... šŸ˜
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Wdf76 wrote: ā†‘Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:05 pm That's unfortunate. Does it look as bad as the pic or just how the light reflects the scratch?
Once I noticed it I think it looks quite bad. Iā€™ve not noticed it in the rear view mirror but now I know itā€™s there I probably will see it.

The service manager rang me this afternoon and says he wants to sort the issues for me. Iā€™m booked in for 11am tomorrow for him to take a look. Fingers crossed!

I could live with the scratch as long as there is no chance of the glass shattering when I close the tailgate. Iā€™ve not got keyless so on occasions it might get a heavier close.

The paint defect is a minor issue but so annoying that it passed inspection. Any good paint sprayer would be mortified if that was the result of a job they had done.

The little chip is nothing that a bit of paint wonā€™t solve.

Iā€™ll report back after my meeting tomorrow. Iā€™ll be pushing for a new rear window as this is a Ford Direct vehicle that is supposed to be fully refurbished to a high standard. My last Ford Direct car was perfect with 5000 on the clock not 1400 like this one.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Good luck
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Hopefully this might help - as long as they donā€™t try and blame me for the scratch! They obviously missed the paint blob (or couldnā€™t sort it). Maybe their ā€œrigorous examinationsā€ arenā€™t that good?

Iā€™m a third time returning customer so hopefully that might help. They also complimented me on the condition of my Focus when it went in (and sold with a Ā£2k mark up inside two days).

ā€˜Prepared to Ford's exacting standards

Before we offer your car for sale, we subject it to a rigorous examination.

We check inside, outside, under the bonnet and the underneath of every single Ford Direct vehicle ā€“ we even scrutinise the tool kit in the boot.

Once a vehicle has passed our initial examination, it goes through the Ford used car reconditioning process, where any prior noted imperfections are corrected.

Your car has a full service history, as recommended in the Ford Service Plan.ā€™
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Seems hopeful. The paint shop are going to look at the couple of bits I pointed out and the local glass repairer is going to be called in to see what he or she can do with the window scratch.

All very amicable at this stage and with the service manager living down the road he is going to pick it up one day this week and drop it back off after the jobs are looked at/sorted.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

šŸ¤žfor you. Dealers can be pretty amicable now and again.