Pre collision assist

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Ianfromyork

Post by Ianfromyork »

Driving normally in a 30mph zone yesterday in my ST Line X - one week old from new - and all 4 brakes went on bringing me to a grinding halt ! Luckily the car behind was far enough away and stopped and the young cyclist who I had overtaken was petrified. Red message on dashboard screen with Pre Collision Assist. Rang the dealer and now turned off Active Braking - seems to be more dangerous than helpful !!

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Designed to save the bacon of drivers who aren't paying attention. What activated it in your case? As long as you make an input it won't throw the brakes on.
Ianfromyork

Post by Ianfromyork »

Thought I'd turned it off ! It resets after each journey - best I could do was turn the sensitivity to LOW and hope for the best - doesn't inspire you with confidence !! Apart from that car is great.
alanp

Post by alanp »

I’ve had the red flashing warning a few times, but I can’t say the brakes have ever activated
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

I use the adaptive cruise a lot, and there is one piece of road - nothing obvious, where the vehicle will suddenly slow down and make a horrible noise like a tube train coming to a halt. It doesn't stop, just reduces speed quite quickly with this sound. I haven't noticed anything come up on the display, but then I was watching the mirror!!!
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Perhaps the software set up for auto Pumas is different. You have stop/go etc.
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Yes, maybe.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Yes I've had this warning a few times as well couldn't understand why as I was well clear of other vehicles I think it's to sensitive and almost s**t myself wondering what's going on
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I think it also depends on the speed you are approaching the obstacle/vehicle. If you are already braking it shouldn't show. Sometimes it doesn't recognise that a vehicle is turning away from you so won't be where it thinks it will be at collision time... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I do get it now and again at sharp bends. Obviously detects the chevron board and thinks I'm playing chicken, wondering when I'm gonna turn in.