New Etis software update showing "ACM"

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

Stevep999 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:58 pm Hi Rob

Have you successfully updated any modules yet ?? Very tempted to try Forscan
Not as yet , blame it on the lockdown and the winter months but hopefully as thinks start to ease i will definitely be having a play. People recommend connecting to a trickle charger so that means i would have to get one and open the bonnet to connect it (this will be a first !)
[/quote]

Hi Rob

What version of Forscan do you need to do updates ? Does this also update Ford so ETIS shows updates loaded ? ?

Steve
[/quote]

Steve,

The forscan versions that do module updates are usually 2.4.3, i wont update ETIS though as unless the car has a phone home type option it will only be updated when its connected say at a local dealership to push back the information.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Steve,

The forscan versions that do module updates are usually 2.4.3, i wont update ETIS though as unless the car has a phone home type option it will only be updated when its connected say at a local dealership to push back the information.
[/quote]

Hi Rob

Oh there's only v 2.3.38 beta available for download on the Forscan website :-(
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
robgee

Post by robgee »

Sent you a PM
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

There must be an opportunity for a Ford technician you establish a business. I would be happy to pay a fee to keep the modules up to date. Car technology is growing at a rapid rate. It’s a waste of time talking to my local Ford dealer “sorry we don’t have WiFi”. As if.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Can one of you knowledgeable people explain what Etis is ?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Mike wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:21 pm Can one of you knowledgeable people explain what Etis is ?

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... /ford-etis
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks, just looked and put reg in, no updates showing.
I will try with my vin later.
If there are updates showing do any of these update automatically when connected to WiFi or is it a visit to the dealers?
robgee

Post by robgee »

Mike, you have to be a registered user to show the updates. Ford are years behind Tesla so you have to visit a dealer for updates.

FirstFord1972, I agree with you there must be people willing to offer the service like a decent car technician, all it needs is a battery charger a laptop and OBD cable. There is other software out there like UCDS that also is meant to be able to do it as well .It might the time that’s involved as it apparently it is quite slow on Fords this the need to have a trickle charger connected.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Mike wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:35 pm Thanks, just looked and put reg in, no updates showing.
I will try with my vin later.
If there are updates showing do any of these update automatically when connected to WiFi or is it a visit to the dealers?
Dealers appear to be VERY reluctant to carryout any upgrades unless you prove there's an issue that an update will fix. Several people on here were told by dealers there was no IPMA, traffic sign update, despite there being one. My dealer told me its often slow connection to Ford servers that puts them off, they worry it will cause further issues and I believe they don't get paid to do them. Poor show in my opinion. I believe the OTA is in future although some peopke appear to have had Sync updates over WiFi, Puma and Kuga, but definitely not the maps.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Mike

Post by Mike »

robgee wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:04 pm Mike, you have to be a registered user to show the updates. Ford are years behind Tesla so you have to visit a dealer for updates.

FirstFord1972, I agree with you there must be people willing to offer the service like a decent car technician, all it needs is a battery charger a laptop and OBD cable. There is other software out there like UCDS that also is meant to be able to do it as well .It might the time that’s involved as it apparently it is quite slow on Fords this the need to have a trickle charger connected.
Ok thanks, I will register.