New Etis software update showing "ACM"

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Any fixes regarding safety will be managed as recall notifications so don't worry about those. Applying bug fixes will depend on whether you've experienced the bug. It's simple economics.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I understand where you are coming from re economics. However, Unless Ford are charging the dealer large amounts to download the updates, the only cost is a small amount of time installing them.
So far, my dealer hasn't had any problems updating mine. Stevep99's dealer doesn't mention any cost, just that they don't bother. So it would seem that it's dealer dependent which would suggest that economics may not be the driving factor.
It could, if possible, be worth trying another dealer.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

The charge is the other way round. The dealer charges Ford for the time spent on the car. So a quick ECM update might take 30 mins at what, £90+ per hour dealer rates? That's why the dealer will only perform updates they can charge back (investigating a customer complaint). But like I said before cosy up to your dealer (bottle of wine!) or find a less busy dealer and you never know what you might get for free.