New Etis software update showing "ACM"

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Fair enough.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black

robgee

Post by robgee »

Shall we start a new thread about Sync / vehicle software safety? A lot of the previous ways of hacking a vehicle remotely have been closed from what I am aware of unless you are connected to an unsecured network,I am pretty sure we have nothing to worry about though.
If they managed to get into the Ford servers then it might be different as then you could get the remote unlock and start code.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

There isn't a lot you can do about it if someone could/wanted to hack your car. I would guess that you are more likely to be hit by a meteorite than get hacked, so I'm not worried about the safety of it.
That said, a separate Sync 3/4 section might work.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi, So i have been on the ford site and logged in, i am showing a Sync Download update 890mb which i believe i download onto a USB , i then plug that into my car and turn the ignition on for the download to be applied ?

Also showing that my maps are up to date

now how do i get into ETIS from the ford site which i believe shows any other updates ?

thanks for your assistance,
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
robgee

Post by robgee »

Yes the download offered from the Ford site is for SYNC software updates and it will also offer map updates when available.

Ford ETIS is completely different as it’s used to see what modules and offer technical information on your car as used by Ford Technicians.
Mike

Post by Mike »

robgee wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:42 pm Yes the download offered from the Ford site is for SYNC software updates and it will also offer map updates when available.

Ford ETIS is completely different as it’s used to see what modules and offer technical information on your car as used by Ford Technicians.
thanks

do many of you look at the ETIS info ?

How do i get access, if i log on i am asked if i am a dealer etc so not sure which one to pick, or do you guys mainly leave that to the dealer to do when it is in for various bits n bobs
robgee

Post by robgee »

I have an account that i set up that says i am a dealer on ETIS but the updates that it shows on there are best to get your dealer to do if they will.
Mike

Post by Mike »

robgee wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:39 pm I have an account that i set up that says i am a dealer on ETIS but the updates that it shows on there are best to get your dealer to do if they will.
Ok thanks, might be one of those situations where if it ain’t broke
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Booked in for warranty fix on Monday, mentioned to dealer about outstanding module updates. He said generally they won't touch unless a specific problem raised. He said they've had issues in past causing problems. Did ask what if its an upgrade as opposed to a fix but he said Fords tell them minimal about any updates. Think we knew pretty much this but I still thinknuts very poor show.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I would say that was all Bull from the dealer. What if the updates were safety related? At the very least they will fix bugs or update the system. It's not logical for Ford not to tell them all about the updates. I would be surprised if the Techs didn't get detailed information in some form or another. More like they can't be arsed to read them all.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.