Noisy Brakes

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Mike wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:17 pm Cannot make up my mind whether to take a day off and book it back in and then re book in when they decide what to do ( if Ford are willing to pay again) , put up with the noise or do it myself and maybe buy the parts from a motor factors and not use Ford ones. I will keep you informed .
The danger is that the fix might not be pads/discs. It may be an issue with the callipers/pistons/pins so you could still be in the same boat after forking out for pads and discs.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic

bramcl

Post by bramcl »

Thanks for update Mike. Not sure whether to just tolerate the noise too, but it's so obvious..... Brad.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Vendee wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:15 am
Mike wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:17 pm Cannot make up my mind whether to take a day off and book it back in and then re book in when they decide what to do ( if Ford are willing to pay again) , put up with the noise or do it myself and maybe buy the parts from a motor factors and not use Ford ones. I will keep you informed .
The danger is that the fix might not be pads/discs. It may be an issue with the callipers/pistons/pins so you could still be in the same boat after forking out for pads and discs.
understand your point but cannot see it being anything other than discs/ pads but haven't had the wheels off to look, car is quieter now the rears have been done but still noisy when braking.
Anyone had the ford fix carried out ?
they know there is an issue with some cars but wouldn't even commit to saying it was covered under wrty whatever the repair is.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Mike

Post by Mike »

update- looks like it is the pad material, ford want mine booking in for new pads with a different part number ?
will let you know if that solves the issue
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Still ongoing with mine. They are very noisy but Ford won’t commit to them being covered under warranty.

They are looking into it and will get back to me after my hols.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Let you know after the28th
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I just had a chat with the technician at the dealership and asked him about the noisy brakes. He’d just driven in back and agreed they were noisy and the rears were rusting.

He says Ford are looking into mine and many others. So it’s watch this space I guess.

I’ll be pushing this after my holiday for sure.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Great news today. They are going to fix my brakes. Not under warranty but by using their customer loyalty fund. I guess that stops them admitting liability here.

Also the are going to respray my door skirts under warranty.

I just need to sort dates out now.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Stoopo wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:22 am Great news today. They are going to fix my brakes. Not under warranty but by using their customer loyalty fund. I guess that stops them admitting liability here.

Thats how they replaced my rears, issued the exact amount to cover the cost . Approx 460-490 if my memory serves me right

Front brakes tomorrow fingers crossed all quiet afterwards
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Mike wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:19 pm
Stoopo wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:22 am Great news today. They are going to fix my brakes. Not under warranty but by using their customer loyalty fund. I guess that stops them admitting liability here.

Thats how they replaced my rears, issued the exact amount to cover the cost . Approx 460-490 if my memory serves me right

Front brakes tomorrow fingers crossed all quiet afterwards
Wow that’s expensive! Happy to get them done though. The rears are pitted and rusting so it’s obviously poor quality.