Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

These Rombatts seen a bit unpopular. They will be the cheapest available for the job.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Gasman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:48 pm Booked the car in tomorrow because of deep sleep issues even after a long run it’s still showing the warning. When the dealership rang earlier they said that the car was also due a recall for a cap that is missing from something. Unfortunately because the missing part is on back order and they don’t know when it will be done so yet another trip back to the dealership this will now be the fourth visit with faults on the car. Not really amused
The cap is only a cover for the ODB port, so don't sweat it. You can get that fitted when you get a service save keep going back.
I'll be booking mine in soon for the deep sleep problem, let me know what they do/say (if anything). ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Heard back from dealership they have carried out an investigation and said the battery is only holding 60% charge. They are going to re charge the battery overnight and see what happens.
Hunbob

Post by Hunbob »

Let us know how you get on mine is going in on 9th for same issues although the Ford pass message the least of my problems. Interested to know what your dealer says
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Gasman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:20 pm Heard back from dealership they have carried out an investigation and said the battery is only holding 60% charge. They are going to re charge the battery overnight and see what happens.
Replacing the ROMBAT with a VARTA seems to be the common fix.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

sinlessUK wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:11 am
Gasman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:20 pm Heard back from dealership they have carried out an investigation and said the battery is only holding 60% charge. They are going to re charge the battery overnight and see what happens.
yeah I would do that if Ford pays the check , that said I don't know what type off battery I have in my Puma
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

PaulD wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:58 pm
sinlessUK wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:11 am
yeah I would do that if Ford pays the check , that said I don't know what type off battery I have in my Puma
Ford have had the problem with other vehicles though....i.e not Romanian...
Anyway, found the following on the US site which says how it should work...

car1.png

Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Had the car back this afternoon. Dealer has charged the battery and said it is fully charged to 100% so let’s see how long it lasts. Dealership were not keen on changing the battery as there had been no notification from Ford on faulty batteries so here’s hoping
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

I'm having this problem too. Was told there was an issue with telemetry module and updated. 6 days later it started again and now it's a "voltage issue" and waiting for a Ford technician to review. Features were being shut down to preserve the battery.

Mine started in Feb and the car had done approx 3k miles then.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Not long had mine back for the same issue.
They tested the battery and it was at 37%, they kept it in overnight and charged the battery and everything is working. They said it was because it wasn't getting long runs, which was rubbish.
I'm waiting for it to start again as there is a problem with some of the Rombat 12v batteries and I'm expecting mine to eventually run down again.