Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Mike

Post by Mike »

if your not getting anywhere with your dealer, complain direct to Ford see if that makes a difference for those who are having problems.
My car was delivered in December and has a Rombat so they are still fitting them
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Mike wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:12 pm if your not getting anywhere with your dealer, complain direct to Ford see if that makes a difference for those who are having problems.
My car was delivered in December and has a Rombat so they are still fitting them
They are badged as Ford Batteries, but, made by Rombat. So, they will keep fitting them as they are locally sourced.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

With my car having sat dormant for exactly one month today and with finding out it went into deep sleep on the 16th April, I decided it was time to give it a little run.

I wasn’t sure what to expect with the Rombat and was a little apprehensive.

As expected, it wouldn’t unlock via the normal keyless touch and I had to resort to using the key fob to do it 😆 (as far as I’m aware that is one of the functions that’s disabled during the deep sleep - or at least that’s always been the case with mine).

It started first time, no warnings, no issues etc. No problems with the sync/maps since the update - ignored the missing DAB icons. Gave it good run (approx 1hr) on M and A roads with a bit of traffic on normal and sports modes* and back safely. Locked via the normal touch method.

That’s a confidence builder for me!

* Anyone else notice that the car image on the dash used for braking/distance measuring changes depending on which mode you select? I only noticed today.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

NeilS wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:27 pm With my car having sat dormant for exactly one month today and with finding out it went into deep sleep on the 16th April, I decided it was time to give it a little run.

As expected, it wouldn’t unlock via the normal keyless touch and I had to resort to using the key fob to do it 😆 (as far as I’m aware that is one of the functions that’s disabled during the deep sleep - or at least that’s always been the case with mine).

It started first time, no warnings, no issues etc. No problems with the sync/maps since the update - ignored the missing DAB icons. Gave it good run (approx 1hr) on M and A roads with a bit of traffic on normal and sports modes* and back safely. Locked via the normal touch method.

* Anyone else notice that the car image on the dash used for braking/distance measuring changes depending on which mode you select? I only noticed today.
Yes it changes to the rear of a Mustang when you engage sport mode.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Sparks wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:37 pm
NeilS wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:27 pm With my car having sat dormant for exactly one month today and with finding out it went into deep sleep on the 16th April, I decided it was time to give it a little run.

Yes it changes to the rear of a Mustang when you engage sport mode.
Yeah I think it’s a nice touch 😎
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

So my car...
Yes it has a varta battery with a ford sticker on now (rombat was replaced)
On Sunday stop start wasn't working. 20 miles on the m1 it didn't work
Monday it did
Tuesday it didn't.
Today it does. Its going back to the dealer on fri for a review. I've contacted for credit today to enquire about cancelling my contract. I'm expecting bad news....
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Pumanic wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm On Sunday stop start wasn't working. 20 miles on the m1 it didn't work
Monday it did
Tuesday it didn't.

Remember there are several factors before stop start works. On mine the outside temperature has to be above 5.5 degrees for it to cut in.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

I never had an issue until this year. I've list my faith in this car now. 4 trips to the garage I 2 months is too much 😫
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Found this article on tinternet.

Last edited by sinlessUK on Thu May 06, 2021 9:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Sounds like BS to me
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....