Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Hi. I git a free first service when I bought it

robgee

Post by robgee »

I seem to be getting the annoying messages now on the FordPass app.... I have now started driving the car more than the last 3 months mind you only 20 mile round journeys but everytime i get out of the car it now gives me the Deep Sleep notification. I going to pop to the dealers today to see what they say as still need to get them to order the OBD cover so see what they say
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Mines supposedly fixed. I must find out what battery they have put in. My crm is reviewing my request for a goodwill towbar and cycle carrier. Should hear tomorrow
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

robgee wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:06 am I seem to be getting the annoying messages now on the FordPass app.... I have now started driving the car more than the last 3 months mind you only 20 mile round journeys but everytime i get out of the car it now gives me the Deep Sleep notification. I going to pop to the dealers today to see what they say as still need to get them to order the OBD cover so see what they say
Battery is low and you need to drive it more, it's the pandemics fault......Just thought I'd save you the dealer trip.. :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I’m ordering myself a rolling road so I can drive my car all day without leaving my drive 😆
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

My friend has a puma too. Her door handles are starting to fail and her boot stopped midway open and wouldn't close but she isn't convinced it's a battery issue because the app hadn't told her shh yet. I said it will. Give it 6 weeks tops.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

She should charge the battery and bin the app. Use the car when possible and see how things work out. The dealer route will be long and frustrating.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Charge it how? She drives a lot of miles every day and it's still draining. She thinks there's a fault with the boot and the door lock not the battery
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Both boot and door locks must use battery power. As the voltage drops some features stop or slow down. For instance if my battery voltage is low the chimes for the tailgate opening go missing. If it's a Rombat like mine that could be the problem. Dealers are very reluctant to change the battery for,say, a Varta without Ford's say so. And I'm only trying to make suggestions none of which are set in stone.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

I know about the problems with the battery, mine has just been replaced for this reason which is why I have told her to get it in and to tell them the issue is the battery. I thought you meant there was a magical way if charging it herself lol